Grant Adamson

bikespace

Not sure how many of you know Grant Adamson, he's a relative on my wife's side, I think he was first off in the SSDT last year (or was it year before - time flies).

He's had a bit of an "off" while riding his mountain bike. Forks snapped, and he face planted. Broken jaw, broken nose, broken cheek bone, badly swollen, needs plating and a bit of rebuilding, but off the ventilator now. Was in a bit of a mess.

He's in Carlisle hospital now, waiting for the swelling to go down before they can do much work on him.

One of my all time fears is the forks snapping - I know John B is a regular on here and I used to knock around on the bikes with his brother as a lad, he did the same thing but downhill on tarmac and took a long while to recover. It's always stuck in my mind.

Anyway, thought I'd wish Grant well on here and let people know he'll be off the road for a while.

Thats bad news bikespace. Known Grant for a lot of years he is grand lad hope he recovers fast.

Do you have any details like which ward he is on so we can get some cards and stuff to him.

keep us posted cheers

Thats bad news bikespace. Known Grant for a lot of years he is grand lad hope he recovers fast.

Do you have any details like which ward he is on so we can get some cards and stuff to him.

keep us posted cheers

Still intensive care at the moment, but past the worst of it, so I hear. Will let you know when he goes on to a ward.

I have to say that I feared the worst when I saw the title of this thread - still shocking news though!

I knew Grant from many of the trials throughout Scotland in the late 80's and early 90's. Always a friendly face and always had an encouraging word, particularly when the going got tough during the Scottish!

I sincerely hopes he gets on the road to a full recovery as quickly as possible. Please send my best wishes.

Graham Herbertson

keep us posted cheers

Now back on the ward - Beech D Ward, Room 15, Cumberland Inrfirmary, Carlisle.

Getting some reconstructive work done now.

He may turn out to be the best looking one in the family when they've finished (I'm gonna be in trouble I know).