Front Forks 02 Pro 250

madmostin

hi there.

i have a plan.

i cant ride trials that well but i have a great time, the plan is to get better.

ive ridden a friends 270 rev which is nice, but not perfect.

i would like my GG to be stable like the beta.

now my thinking is that my GG is unstable because the forks are too soft resulting in ever changing head angles/wheelbase

im 15 stone so probably out of the ideal suspension range so will stiffer springs help? i can change damping easily but i honestly think the front blows through its travel far too easily.

your thoughts?

Hmmm,

Not so straight forward, you can try spacers perhaps up to 25mm long on the fork springs or look for a spring manufacturer to make you some stiffer springs but from chatting to other riders, trying out both bikes and reading the forums on TC for a while, I'd say that because the PRO is so light it does feel different and maybe a little skittish up river. The Beta is heavier and probably tracks nicer upstream, maybe on steep loose climbs too, your theory on varying wheelbase would then apply to the Beta too. The 250 Pro has a lively motor which may accentuate the feeling, you could always try a head spacer or slow action throttle too.

I guess, it's mainly because of the light weight of the Pro and you can't really get around that. I ride a 300 Raga with Hebo flywheel weight and just can't think of anything that would suit me better, it's bril.

Bye, PeterB.

I agree with you on the lightness front. i just think my bike could track better and wondered how much sag is ideal on the front end?

if mr gasgas decided to have 6" travel forks i think that it was for a reason.

little does he know that mr bat fastard is wobbling round on his design now.

will call gasgas uk on monday, i like them, enough to buy an ec 250.

oh and i have slow action throttle fitted, such an improvement for 5 mins work.

would like to try a flywheel weight to see difference but engine wise im very happy.

think i'll also turn up some preload spacers 25mm like you said, can always shorten em.