01 290 Sherco Clutch And Cooling Help Please

sherco290murph

hi

all i have a couple of questions that i need some help with. the 1st question is is it normal for a clutch to be sticking when the bike has been standing for a couple of days and cold. my 290 seems to jump forward initially then works fine after also fine when hot. is this normal and is there anyting i can do to rectify this. my 2nd question is what coolant should i be using. can i use normal coolant diluted at 50/50 or is there a specific coolant like wetter better any advice on either question will be greatly recieved

thanks guys and happy riding

To give a quick answer which someone can expand on later, yep totally normal for clutch to stick a wee bit. Mine ranges from nothing to 50 yds with the brakes on.

Coolant, not so sure of the official answer - I was told a while ago to use VW coolant then dilute it 50:50 with water. I think it's VW G11 coolant, but someone else may clarify. Worked in mine for 4 years without problems (touch wood).

Put in a new oil we use Valvoline 10-40 Dura Blend 4T

About 380cc.

After two oil changes the problem is as good as gon.

What you can do as well is.

When you start the bike before putting the gear in, squeez the cluch leaver and keep it squeezed for few seconds and after that put the gear in.

Cooling is 50/50 watter any good cooling liquid will do it.

Wbr 30/60.