Isle Of Man

butt mooar

all off road events cancelled this weekend! trials,mx &mtb.not a rumour a fact! :D

OK Butt Moar, but what is your information source please? Under whose authority have the events been cancelled?

I have had confirmation this morning that the Royal Manx Agricultural Show has been cancelled completely, but there is nothing to say that other events are affected.

Big John

Edited by Big John

Hi butt mooar,

OK, I've listened into the podcast on Manx Radio. It would appear that this is a voluntary action to support the landowners which is the correct thing to do as without them we would have no events.

Having said that, the ACU have not as yet pulled the plug on events in the IOM.

Big John

Just to clarify, yes this is a voluntary action and at the moment the ban on events only covers this weekend as far as I know to allow the full details of the situation to emerge. The IOM Government have contacted all sporting governing bodies in the IOM, including the ACU Centre to ask for their co-operation.

All public footpaths, moorland tracks, greenways etc are closed and disinfection of people and vehicles is taking place at ports and the airport. The Manx Grand Prix is under review as is the two day trial which many of you will know is due to take place in 3 weeks.

Unfortunately if the IOM Government and the farmers take away permission to ride on their land then the outcome in respect of the trial is not positive.

HOWEVER - this has NOT happened as yet, and if it turns out that the disease is confined to one farm near guildford we may still be ok. Time will tell. There is a scheduled meeting of the two day trial committee this Thursday, by which time I would hope that things will be clearer.

Cheers

Cubby

Manx Two Day Committee