Tell Me How To Ride This...

jza

I seem to have me come face on when ever there is a camera about.

Stop it with the fatism i am now 2nd class obese and need suport not be the butt of ya fat remarks i am on the edge.

It is not the 17 stone at all JUSTIN so there!!!!!!!!!!!! you stick man!!!!!!!

And Pete i did not think you would stoop quite as low do not let that JUSTIN pull ya down to his level with the FATISM.

Great burger van at the trial though Pete.

Any way back to the subgect, sorry Jza.

I have to admit I've been sniggering all day today at your description of the drop off in section one. "Big old gay dab" indeed :wacko:

We haven't considered the WTC method yet. (remember the video earlier in the year?)

Get to the hard part of the section, go straight on, around the back, up the footpath, through the car park, upto the top of the hill, then just squeeze inside the marker at the top. No need to do the turn at all :wacko:

I did'nt like that. I was gayer then Elton Johns hair dresser.

Anyway the turn how to do it because i realy am as bad at it as saying NO to Choclate Flapjacks. (dunking them in hot Choclate all so brings on a come face) NICE.

By the way Mr Cowley got a NICE call Sunday and Mr Hick for about a 1 mile wheely Very Nice. All most made him fall off when i shouted it at him, he had the opposite to a come face on.

Edited by Ralph

I did'nt like that. I was gayer then Elton Johns hair dresser.

Anyway the turn how to do it because i realy am as bad at it as saying NO to Choclate Flapjacks. (dunking them in hot Choclate all so brings on a come face) NICE.

By the way Mr Cowley got a NICE call Sunday and Mr Hick for about a 1 mile wheely Very Nice. All most made him fall off when i shouted it at him, he had the opposite to a come face on.

hi jza as ralph said with wieghting the footrests etc is prob best technique to try. dont know how you remembered that tho ralph as i dont think i have ever seen you manage a complete turn with both wheels on the ground !!!! heard the legend was out saturday in hebo riding gear ? his mates said it didnt suit him as it made him look really fat and the jeans that cost him

I bet that you are dropping your shoulder toward the inside of the turn. Doing this will make you dab to the inside of the turn. Lean the bike but keep your center of gravity outside the bike not in line with the rear wheel. If you are turning to the right keep your right arm straight and fully extended if you are turning to the left keep your left arm straight and fully extended. Hope this helps.

DFW

Hey up!

I'm struggling and wanted to understand the correct technique so i can practise and get it right :) Rookie mistake im sure :)

It involves slopes :)

I've come down a gully on a steep slope. Say 12ft high. At the bottom, i have to turn immediately and go back up the slope (up the next gully/other side of tree i came down past).

I can get the bike round the "U" ok ish..(im semi pointing up the hill but not completely there) but at the point where im starting to go up hill with the bike still turning (bikes not completely straight up the hill yet) and i need gas to drive up the hill, if i open the throttle and the front pushes out and i dab. This is on wet or dry surfaces.

I can on occasions get it right - but no idea why. If i try more gas - i do a motorcross style semi donut and then dab :wacko:

It seems that the front has no grip as i turn up the hill... and the back gets loose if im over enthusiastic <_<

Anyone help?

Jza

Hey up :wacko:

Well i've cracked it - thanks for the advice guys. The key was to bend zee knees and move my a*** over the outside of the turn - leaning back a bit as i did it - with my inside arm kept straight so as to weight the outside bar. The front then tracked round nicely....

I still fell off of course - but did do it a few times and when it works i can "feel" the difference... so big thanks to everyone i can go and practise this now <_<

Jza