Which Bike

weeble

:blink: please can i have your opinion on beta or sherco 125, i am 12 years old but only weigh 6 stone wet through but i am tall, i have had so many different stories from other people that i am really undecided about which bike to go for next. I have heard that the beta 125 is heavier than the sherco, do you think sherco would suit a small lad better.

:blink: please can i have your opinion on beta or sherco 125, i am 12 years old but only weigh 6 stone wet through but i am tall, i have had so many different stories from other people that i am really undecided about which bike to go for next. I have heard that the beta 125 is heavier than the sherco, do you think sherco would suit a small lad better.

Hiya, i am 16 and rode a Beta 125 2 yrs ago. It was fantastic, really smooth at the bottom end and when the power was needed i got it with out pulling my arms off. It was really easy to ride, the sespension and steering were excellent. I learned alot and it got me ready to move on to 250 power. It was really realiable, no problems and was a fantastic bike and i loved every second on it. ''BETA......BETTA THAN ALL THE REST!! (excluding 4RT`s)

simple answer try both bikes out ? and then get one which you like the best feel of or rides better for you .

Man this is so true. You really don't know the differences between each of the bikes till you actually ride them. I've been bikeless for almost a year now cause of a move with work, but I'm planning on buying a new one in a few months. I had my heart all set on a certain model, then I had the opportunity to ride the new Montesa 4RT, GAS GAS 300 Raga, Beta Rev 3 and Sherco 290 back to back through a simple section. I was amazed at how different the bikes felt, and my preconceptions of them changed dramatically, as did the bike that I think I'm going to get. I'd still like to try a Beta Rev 4T, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon.

Go to a meet, and ride the different bikes if you can. Most folks will let you try their bikes if you ask. Just be careful and remember that you are riding some one else's pride and joy and you don't want to screw up someone else's bike by doing something stupid. You don't really need to get super radical to figure out which one will work best for you. Good luck.

simple answer try both bikes out ? and then get one which you like the best feel of or rides better for you .

Man this is so true. You really don't know the differences between each of the bikes till you actually ride them. I've been bikeless for almost a year now cause of a move with work, but I'm planning on buying a new one in a few months. I had my heart all set on a certain model, then I had the opportunity to ride the new Montesa 4RT, GAS GAS 300 Raga, Beta Rev 3 and Sherco 290 back to back through a simple section. I was amazed at how different the bikes felt, and my preconceptions of them changed dramatically, as did the bike that I think I'm going to get. I'd still like to try a Beta Rev 4T, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon.

Go to a meet, and ride the different bikes if you can. Most folks will let you try their bikes if you ask. Just be careful and remember that you are riding some one else's pride and joy and you don't want to screw up someone else's bike by doing something stupid. You don't really need to get super radical to figure out which one will work best for you. Good luck.

Mr Ridgerunr, please tell us what bike you want now and which one you had the strongest preconceptions about .