Ticking/rattling Noise

lewis_gasgas

When the bikes running , theres a ticking or rattling kind of noise coming from around where the gear selecter is..

this may only happen when warm il try the bike tomorrow when cold see if it does it then.

Any idea's what it could be ? gets abit faster when you rev the bike if i remember correctly will check all this tomo hopefully.

on my 07 280 too :blink:

Quite common for the clutch ring gear to pick up a stray piece of metal. Results in a bad tick which could sound like transmission gear or as bad as a rod knock. Inspect the ring gear tooth by tooth, might even need a magnify type glass to find as it bonds to the gear and very hard to see. Hope this is all that`s wrong, good luck.

Go in from kick start side. Message from No1 is correct, the metal chip usually comes from the crap kickstart gear and ends up wedged in the primary clutch ring gear. Makes a terrible noise, but nothing is really wrong just annoying.

If this is it it will do it hot or cold and change with the engine revs. I would still try to fix with searching for it. It would drive me crazy if I was riding it this way. And of course it could be something else entirely being a `pro` engine.