Too Cool 4rt

stkman

Bought a 2005 4RT about 3 months ago now. When I first got it, let it idle when starting up until the fan came on. About 2-2 1/2 minutes. Read an ad about a product known as 2 Two 2 Cool ... claims to reduce engine temperatures. After reading all the claims and testimonials (only bad comments from people who haven't tried it), I decided to give it a go (is fairly cheap especially for the small amounts used for a 4RT).

Now it takes 6-7 minutes for the fan to come on when starting and the frequency it comes on during a trial is so much less. Just my experience.

Andrew

Edited by stkman

Sounds like a good product. Does it also act as anti-freeze in the winter? Are there any draw backs when the weather becomes cold do you know?

Is added to the engine oil so can't see how it would act as an antifreeze. Intend sticking with the 50:50 coolant/water even though this company does a coolant. Also not keen to use it in the gearbox/clutch which they say it can be used for. (reports of it stopping clutches burning). Not adding anything to the ELF oil I use, clutch is perfect as is.