Ooh, New Bikes And New Forum...

kinell

I reckon this forum might get a fair bit of interest over the coming months, I've just read the news article at http://www.trialscentral.com/cms/showartic...?articleID=3364 and reckon that we'll start seeing these bikes at venues and in parks very soon.

I sold our 12.5" bike to a bloke called Scott who lurks on here I think? If so, how are you getting on with it and have you let the kids have a go on it yet? :rotfl:

We have a 16" bike on order so it will hopefully be here soon. C'mon Ian, my lad is moaning at me every day :unsure:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

****Newsflash****

Kinell has been sponsored to take one round the 2008 SSDT, his comments were:

''No maintenance required on these beauties so I can concerntrate on the route markers, I wonder if the garage in Morar has got electric so I can top it up'' :unsure:

I could see these catching on. I think there's some bits of development that could be done to make them look that bit cooler for the kids, maybe just by filling in the big gap between battery and tank/seat unit? Maybe even chuck some kind of tool box in there? (Maybe a butty box :rotfl: - there I go thinking of my belly again), just fill it up with summat.

Bash plate looks to be a little squared off, especially on the little one. Could they gain even more ground clearance here?

I'm sort of splitting hairs because they do look damned good, and don't seem to have priced themselves far out of the market at 600 quid and 700 quid.

Who'll be the first club to run an electric class?

Maybe the ACU or similar should buy some of these and organise an event or two where riders can come along and use the 'pool' bikes?

Maybe OSET should think about this sort of Championship if there was any interest in it. Charge entry fee to cover insurance/damages/limited expenses/awards?

Be good to see a cycle trials rider hopping one on the back wheel.

Just a thought :unsure:

Edited by bikespace

We have seen them in the states for a few years now.Perfect for the kids with the fully enclosed chain and all.Brakes work good and plenty of power.One of are club members is selling them will haul his 140 lbs rounfd the pits just fine.I think there is a good market for the little buggers.JR

My son at 3 years old (turned 3 in June) entered the PeeWee class this weekend on his OSET. It was his 1st event and he took home a 3rd place trophy and a HUGE smile!

I wasnt going to enter him. We just brought his bike so he could ride while I competed. The coordinator of the youth program saw him and suggested that he give it a go, my wife agreed so I said ok. Glad I did.

Great bikes...He has had his since his birthday in June and we have not had one problem yet. The charge lasts at least 4 hrs for him. My guess is that theres 60 hrs on the bike. He rides about 2 hrs a day.

We have two, the 12.5 for my three year old son and a 16 for my six year old daughter. We are really enjoying them!! My daughters bike did stop working. After messing around with a test light for about 15 min. I narrowed it down to the controller. It was a cheap and easy fix and she is off riding again.

post-2409-1189067209_thumb.jpgThree year old son over his first "log"

• 2 weeks later...

Ours arrived yesterday as promised :D

Stuck it on charge overnight and took mini kinell out for a quick rev on it tonight, he did a big drop off at speed (5mph off a kerb) and hurt his ar$e bone :wacko: He whinged a bit and decided he'd be better off stood up - I was pretty impressed with the way he could roll to a stop and balance for a second or two before going for a big dab :D