Ooh, New Bikes And New Forum...

kinell

My son has been on at me since October to get him a bloody bike I was thinking about the pw50 or even an lt50 quad off ebay, but the problem with them is they 're petrol engines and where i live its a concrete jungle. Added to this the only areas for the local kids are recreation grounds and my thinking an electric bike might be acceptable at the recreation grounds the general public and dog walkers alike use when he'll be visually looking more like a cyclist than motorcyclist donning bicycle protective gear, and i might even attached BIG TED to the handlebars. :thumbup: Anyway, after all his nagging a 16inch Oset has just arrived. I'm not unpacking it until christmas day because he also likes to build/put things together and part of this (motorbike) experience will be to build the bike with me. He will be 5yrs old next february and perhaps this will get him off my case and off bikes or end this constant moaning. I know this is a little selfish of me but if he looses interest then i'll get my riding back, if not i'm going to be doing a lot of walking and picking up of this bike. The Oset dealer said the bikes will be included in a new motor vehicle class in the ACU regs, anyone heard this? Should me son get the bike bug i maybe entering him in events around the country in the next year or some, it would be good to see how any of your kids are progressing and as my son becomes better i'll try and post some video's on here. So he's 5 next birthday, the question is what age will he be outriding dad? ;) Just going back to the ACU and a trophy name of 'The ACU Youth Electric Bike Winner' sounds good, know doubt all pie in the sky from the Oset dealer this advice.

Edited by spud

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My son has been on at me since October to get him a bloody bike I was thinking about the pw50 or even an lt50 quad off ebay, but the problem with them is they 're petrol engines and where i live its a concrete jungle. Added to this the only areas for the local kids are recreation grounds and my thinking an electric bike might be acceptable at the recreation grounds the general public and dog walkers alike use when he'll be visually looking more like a cyclist than motorcyclist donning bicycle protective gear, and i might even attached BIG TED to the handlebars. :thumbup: Anyway, after all his nagging a 16inch Oset has just arrived. I'm not unpacking it until christmas day because he also likes to build/put things together and part of this (motorbike) experience will be to build the bike with me. He will be 5yrs old next february and perhaps this will get him off my case and off bikes or end this constant moaning. I know this is a little selfish of me but if he looses interest then i'll get my riding back, if not i'm going to be doing a lot of walking and picking up of this bike. The Oset dealer said the bikes will be included in a new motor vehicle class in the ACU regs, anyone heard this? Should me son get the bike bug i maybe entering him in events around the country in the next year or some, it would be good to see how any of your kids are progressing and as my son becomes better i'll try and post some video's on here. So he's 5 next birthday, the question is what age will he be outriding dad? ;) Just going back to the ACU and a trophy name of 'The ACU Youth Electric Bike Winner' sounds good, know doubt all pie in the sky from the Oset dealer this advice.

Good on you and sounds like you have a great rider on your hands in the near future. Building his own bike at age 5 is surely worthy of video/photo photage to show him at teenage years when a real life job is far to much hard work. Or better still will give him the bug to carry on the passion and become a better rider than Atomant by age 6 :D

If that is true about the ACU then I think they have seriously upped the bar on our UK riders future and I do hope its true

Good luck and I look forward to hearing the success storys to follow

Seen these OSET bikes on the web on OSET web site and YouTube. They look sooooooooo cool. My 3 1/2 year old keeps wanting to watch the clips and wants one too. If I can convince "her that should be obeyed" then I will try to get him the 12.5 version. At least he can ride with me at practise venues. Next step will be speaking with KYTC. Watch out Jarvis my little'un is coming!!!!!!!