Ooh, New Bikes And New Forum...

kinell

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little video clip of my lad out playing today http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FBbIlqBDnYY

:huh:

Hey great stuff, had my boys out on theirs for the first time on saturday ( a 16" for the 5 yo and a 12" for the 3 yo) and they love em really cool took them to a big park and then Dalby on sunday and no one said a word of complaint !!, that wouldnt happen with minimotos would it!!

Only got 2 hours out of the battery on the 16 tho but that was non-stop!!

These things really do deserve to be a huge success you could run a trial anywhere! and my little guys absolutely LOVE EM!!!!!!!

These things really do deserve to be a huge success you could run a trial anywhere! and my little guys absolutely LOVE EM!!!!!!!

Did you have the 16" on full speed setting? My lad has ridden his 7 times now for 30-60 minutes at a time and the lights still show that it's fully charged!

Dont know who is more excitied them or me!! :huh:

I know exactly what you mean :huh:

We've got a 16" on order which will hopefully be here for next weekend...

+1.

I thought my 3.5 year old might not take to it and my excitement would be short lived. But the opposite has happened - the bike has been here (Cape Town, South Africa) for three days and he can't stop riding it, waiting impatiently between charges. He can't stand up on it yet. Can there be a better "toy" bike for a kid?

Did you have the 16" on full speed setting? My lad has ridden his 7 times now for 30-60 minutes at a time and the lights still show that it's fully charged!

No way on full speed!!, it would be way too fast on full chat at the mo'. it lasted the same time on saturday and sunday where as the 12.5 still had a load of charge left and this riding was on a flat grass field, do you think it is faulty?.

it lasted the same time on saturday and sunday where as the 12.5 still had a load of charge left and this riding was on a flat grass field, do you think it is faulty?.

Are the wheels turning freely with no brakes binding?

Are the batteries the same size on both bikes? If yes, maybe swap them over and see how long the bikes last...

The first battery charge up on our bike was finished in 2-3 hours but folk say that the first charge is important on some types of batteries so I left ours on the trickle charge for 24 hours in total - maybe this is why ours is lasting so long? :huh: It might be worth a quick email to Ian to see what he thinks.

PS

It might be the pikey Yorkshire electric that you have :huh:

Edited by Kinell

it lasted the same time on saturday and sunday where as the 12.5 still had a load of charge left and this riding was on a flat grass field, do you think it is faulty?.

Are the wheels turning freely with no brakes binding?

Are the batteries the same size on both bikes? If yes, maybe swap them over and see how long the bikes last...

The first battery charge up on our bike was finished in 2-3 hours but folk say that the first charge is important on some types of batteries so I left ours on the trickle charge for 24 hours in total - maybe this is why ours is lasting so long? :huh: It might be worth a quick email to Ian to see what he thinks.

PS

It might be the pikey Yorkshire electric that you have :huh:

Best get me piebald horse to speed up turning the generator then!, got to go the roasted hedgehog is ready!!

• 2 weeks later...

Question for everyone.........

Has anyone tried painting the plastic body a different color? If so, is there a particular method that works best.....i.e....sanding or priming first? I know there are plastic spray paints available on the market, however, I have noticed they don't work well on all plastics.

Good vids 'K' and the the lad didn't get lost :D

Footage ended quickly on the third vid did he crash?

I thought he had crashed into the wall but he sumped out on a rock which stopped him a bit too quickly...

"Dad, I've hurt mi widgie" ;)