5 Jours Du Verdon

hrc1

Hi Mike, Peter here, those are good photos of the 5 day. I also have a few though none from the sections. It was a hard trial I thought. Sections in the blue route were fine and the going inbetween was sometimes more exhausting than the Scottish. Probably as the temps were hovering around 36C, really needed that 1.5 litres of water inbetween the stops. Great organisation, superb scenery, bril sections, particularly the last day (When it was cold) when we had that final, open river section, just like the Scottish - did you clean it? Glad I took the trouble to ride the event, it does sound like it will be the last time though rumour has it that maybe in another 2 years it will be on again. I didn't realise that in France and Italy, trials are not allowed in any of the rivers - bit of a shock. Could be why there aren't too many problems with bikes getting water in the airbox.

I am writing a report on the event for a magazine back home, would you like a copy?

Bye, PeterB.

Pete,

Yep, its always the "interzone" that gets you. I found the going easier than SSDT, but then at my last Scottish I rode day 1 in enduro mode to beat the time exclusion & that was me spent! That time was scrubbed 3 days later still irks more than a little.......

Verdon's last section was luvverly! Of course I cleaned the first part and then threed the last 20ft - that last day was almost a disapointment being much shorter than previous years when we usually get to ride over the mountain ridge. However the cool wet weather was real nice after the earlier heat.

And yes, I would like to see the article,

Cheers, Mike H.

The big guy's name who organises the event is Maya. He has a trials shop in Provence called Maya Motors. Apparantly it was touch and go that this years event ran, due to conservationists trying to put a stop to the land use for the trial. It finally went through court and Maya won the day, but it seems that he was a little upset at having to go through so much trouble to run the trial. Talk at the trial from those who could speak French was that the event may go ahead in a couple of years. The organising club has a site at www.boade.com only problem is that you need to be ok with French to read it, pictures are ok. You can get regs from this site.

You need a Euro approved helmet (with sticker inside, E6 or E9 or similar), the one event licence is Euro 50 at the sign on, wish I'd have known this as I spent stacks to get a one event FIM licence, bike needs to have a protection pad on the bars, most had fat bars so needed the bar clamp pad, with the braced bar you probably need a pad there.

Also, your lights must work as there is a little bit of road work to do and the police were checking this.

Did you get an email from me? (Catching up from the WTC in Andorra)

Bye, PeterB.