Best Rear Shocks For Tlr 200

kiwiphil

Anybody out there got an opinion on the best rear shocks for a TLR 200? Present bike has Falcons but with postage to NZ they work out a leetle expensive for me, so something that may be sourced domestically would/could be a big plus for me?

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Phil

Hi Phil

I live near Chch and I have found much the same problem for choice and supply in NZ, nothing on trademe and trialnz has limited stock and high prices. As for what type to purchase there's plenty of arguments about brands on here even Falcon's have for and against, I guess like me its what you can afford, coming from the UK I'm lucky enough to still be registered on ebay so get a few bits this way, I myself have just ordered a pair of 16" Betor's for my TLR250, apparently these lenghts can be used on 200's and helps improve the steering. The price would work out to be about $280 NZD delivered from UK to NZ.

Cheers

Simon

Another Kiwi here.I couldn't get rear shocks for my TLR200 about 5 years ago when I rebuilt it,so sorted my own out.I got some cheap and nasty aftermarket shocks for a TT500 as they were the nearest I could find.They were 20mm longer,but that's pretty close enough for me.The springs were way too hard,but I still had the original springs....and with some advice from Warrick Merriman who used to ride a TLR250 - I cut the preload peg on the shock in half,one spot weld.Then I ground the preload ring down to the spring seat.....this got the spring preload spot on for my body weight.But now the damping was way too much - so I drilled a hole and drained the 30 weight out.I Silfosed a small nut to each shock and filled them with 5 weight and sealed with a screw.

A bit more work than ringing up a supplier and ordering the real thing.....but half the fun of riding an old bike is overcoming obstacles.And it's always handy to have something not quite right with the bike to blame a bad performance on eh?