Section 12 Observer

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember Dougie taking the win from Fuji in Duluth on a bad protest, I have it on video (TrialsTV DVD actually) that he put his foot down. So even if he didn't really disturb the marker consider it even, I think Dougie gets too many breaks everywhere else, simply because he's riding with the number 1 bib.

-Matt

I seem to remember Dougie taking the win from Fuji in Duluth on a bad protest, I have it on video (TrialsTV DVD actually) that he put his foot down. So even if he didn't really disturb the marker consider it even, I think Dougie gets too many breaks everywhere else, simply because he's riding with the number 1 bib.

-Matt

Although I don't get to see events live, or even regularly, from the few I've seen I have to agree with Matt.

It's true Doug and his team do carry a lot of clout and observers are sometimes a little afraid to make decisions, however this is nothing new. We saw the same with Marc and Jordi.

In fact all the top riders are generally given the benefit of any doubt, the observers seem to 'soften up' when the top 15 arrive. The poor early numbers not only have to 'scrub' the sections but observers are never afraid to five them either.

If people cant observe each rider the same they shouldnt be allowed to observe. If a top rider dabbed in a section of mine but reckoned they never and argued with me they would be given the choice of the one or a five, they'd soon back down !

• 2 weeks later...

-Matt ]

Fuji was given two for this ride in section three sunday pictured below, do you think that is a just call?

And another quote from another site, section 7 sunday.

[Q]

The biggest thing I noticed and it was huge, was sunday in section 7 when Fuji did not make it out of the section in time. He was several feet from the gate when time expired. This would have been huge in the outcome. He was given a 1 for his dab in the section.[Q]

post-15-1086648831.jpg

Edited by ishy

I would say he has dismounted so I would give him a 5 but being the observer you may not see how far off the bike he was if it was quick so he may get away with a 2.

Easy to sit here and see he is off his bike but possibly not so easy onsite in real time.

Technically he's still astride his bike by the looks of it. His feet are on different sides and the guard is still between his legs. It's a tough call but if this is at far off as he got I'd call in a good call.

Technically he's still astride his bike by the looks of it. His feet are on different sides and the guard is still between his legs. It's a tough call but if this is at far off as he got I'd call in a good call.

That's my whole point, you can't say one rider gets away with it and another doesn't, many would call this a five, some wouldn't.

That hill is steep and the bike is stood up on it's back wheel, how does the bike comeback down without the back wheel rolling back and he gets back on it without moving his foot.

TSR22A

A failure is deamed to have occured when:- The rider dismounts from the machine. Dismount will be deemed to have occurred when both of the rider's feet are on the ground at the same side of, or behind the machine