Seeley With Larger Than Standard Tank.. Help Needed

scrumpyjack

Hi all,, I have managed to lay my hands on a very early Seeley..! frame number 1003

This makes it the third bike to be made by colin seeley,..

It has the larger fuel tank that i believe was enlarged especially for the Scotish 6 day trial,

But who rode them?.. how many Seeley's were made with this larger tank? What happened

to the first 2 bikes made?.. and where are they now?

I would like a bit more history of my bike, i think i may have the earliest Seeley still left in this country!

"I bet Big John will know" :-)

thanks all : Scrumpy :huh:

Yes i paid a premium to get it there and then, and had a 600 mile round trip.. i saw it at 8.30am and was on my way cash in hand

by 8.55am, ! "one of the joys of working for yourselfe"

I get a real kick out of rebuilding bikes too a high standard, then selling them and moving on to the next project,

but this Seeley is in the best condition out of all the Seeley"s i have owned, it has had very little use, so it will be an easy restoration..

watch this space and i will post some pics soon.

Scrumpy

Hi all,, I have managed to lay my hands on a very early Seeley..! frame number 1003

This makes it the third bike to be made by colin seeley,..

It has the larger fuel tank that i believe was enlarged especially for the Scotish 6 day trial,

But who rode them?.. how many Seeley's were made with this larger tank? What happened

to the first 2 bikes made?.. and where are they now?

I would like a bit more history of my bike, i think i may have the earliest Seeley still left in this country!

"I bet Big John will know" :-)

thanks all : Scrumpy :huh:

Well they are not the two sitting in my garage as I know their numbers! True the larger capacity fuel tanks were made for the SSDT, I should be able to check who rode Seeleys in the trial but I doubt if anyone could confirm if that bike was used.

Big John

Edited by Big John