Heavy Clutch On 315

yamahaty250xox

hi every one

my clutch isrealy heavy on my 315 even to the ectent of giving me a bad arm!

does any one know how to cure this?

max

Hi

Ive had 2 315's and whilst the clutches have never been Scorpa or Beta light they have never been that heavy.

I would check everything mechanically. Including checking for wear on the clutch basket where the plates slide and ensure that the release rod and ball mechanism works freely. You will need to take the slave cylinder off to do this.

I that doesnt help and you have put fresh fluid right through it you could try a different master cylinder or lighter clutch springs. Someone might have fitted CR motocross springs to yours.

Last resort, not recommended, but it worked on both of my monts, but i only ride easy routes. Remove 2 opposing clutch springs. This makes it really light and gives a smoother action. BUT IF YOU DO IT ITS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Can't specifically say where your problem is but the clutch on my 2003 315R is one finger operation. As the previous post said you probably need to work through it systematically checking that all the component parts are correct and serviceable and that the operating system is working properly and you are running a good quality gearbox oil and hydraulic fluid.