Royal Enfields

axulsuv

So at a youthful 61 2008 has the challenge of 2 AHRMA Championships on the Cub in Lightweight and the Bullet in Heaveyweight.

Best Regards

Tony Down

I'm hoping to do a few AHRMA rounds next year to at least justify geting their license. It seems to be about the best place to ride and see pre-65 bikes in North America these days. Some of them are pretty far for me but I've got a better bike transporter rig now so it should at least make the hours go by easier!

Doug

So at a youthful 61 2008 has the challenge of 2 AHRMA Championships on the Cub in Lightweight and the Bullet in Heaveyweight.

Best Regards

Tony Down

I'm hoping to do a few AHRMA rounds next year to at least justify geting their license. It seems to be about the best place to ride and see pre-65 bikes in North America these days. Some of them are pretty far for me but I've got a better bike transporter rig now so it should at least make the hours go by easier!

Doug

Doug,

Best of the bunch are Casper WY (end of Aug) Dickson, (end of Sep) and Donner (mid Jul) all 2 day events and worth the journey.

Tony

Big John,

Yes that was me! Of course I was only a Flying Officer on my first SSDT which was 1970, but I did ride and finish 8 x SSDT until the fun went out of it in 1978 when I retired from trials until coming back to it in 2000. A sample of a GAS GAS was enough to convince me that my earlier skills were better used on NO Clutch, superb throttle control and drunken balance...... so it was back to building and selling Ty's and then getting a Cub and now finally a Bullet. So at a youthful 61 2008 has the challenge of 2 AHRMA Championships on the Cub in Lightweight and the Bullet in Heaveyweight.

Best Regards

Tony Down

I thought so! I was only a boy when you first came on the scene!

Best wishes,

Big John - Scotland

Big John,

We tried! Had to get some serious pre event bar training in back then..... 1/2 a pint a section was the rule! Then it all got too professional as the sections moved from "traditional" to national and world level..... and then "the sporting holiday in the highlands" had become "the nightmare in the granite" However, I loved it and wish there were something over here to rival it, especially for the old bikes.... maybe one day come back for the pre 65 ifsomeone lends me a bike. Don't forget to go to my new blog spot or www.blackcatvintagetrials.com where I have a couple of stories of the SSDT back in the 70's

Tony

I loved it and wish there were something over here to rival it, especially for the old bikes.... maybe one day come back for the pre 65 ifsomeone lends me a bike. Don't forget to go to my new blog spot or www.blackcatvintagetrials.com where I have a couple of stories of the SSDT back in the 70's

Tony

Interesting blog space there Tony. I think however, I will still try a few AHRMA trials rounds in the future despite your "endorsement"! :D

I must have done a different "North American Championship" then you just did....a few years back with the USCRA. It was a fun event too and handy for me being in the northeast.

It was very convenient to enter and I could use my Canadian license, as the organizers keenly recognized that Canada was in North America too! :D Good fun!

http://www.race-uscra.com/trialshunter03.html

Regards, Doug