Cam Chain Change

griffiths of wales

Hello Boys...Just about to change the cam chain on my Seeley, any tips? Engine in/out frame etc

Haven't got a manual for the TL/TLR motor yet (Just ordered with Amazon) so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark.

cam chain easy to do engine in frame you will need to take of rotor you will need rear spindle to extract it,i cannot remember if your spindle will do on bike,i have box of old spindles that i use.take out bolt in middle of rotor put in spindle tighten then give it a tap with hammer normaly it will come of.

Just going to replace the chain this time Scrump....going to take a look at the valve clearences as well as there is a distinct 'ticking' coming from that region!

Just been informed that my new manual has been shipped so think I'll wait a couple of days..let you know how I get on.

Best regards, Mark.

Are you only changing the chain ... or the sprockets as well??

you cant use the rear spindle from the tlr as it is too small, the one from the xl 185 does fit as it is bigger, but yes you can change the cam chain in place, but you should change the guides as well, cos they are going to be worn just like the chain but that will require the engine to be taken out.