Barber

alan_nc

Well the AHRMA Trial at Barber is history. I don't have the results, would be great if someone could post them. The loop trail was harder than most of the Sections I've ridden this year. I think we lost two before we even got to Section #1. Sections were some of the hardest I've seen in an AHRMA event this year. Not really unfair - just very difficult. I don't think I ever really got my head into it. I either got a clear or a 5, nothing in between. Somehow started one section in 2nd gear (on a Bantam thats a bad thing). In another I just flat forgot where I was going. Coming in after 1st round I'm going up a long steep hill and she pops out of gear - had to do the drop her over and 'stick' a handle bar to keep from sliding back down. With help I got to the top, put her in first and continued - about a mile later there was a strange noise and 1st gear went away. Haven't opened her up yet but I either lost the gear teeth or broke a shaft.

Had a great time at Barber. If you haven't been you owe it to yourself to go. It is by far the nicest place that they have had an event this year. Went with several "Road Racers" , who really had a great time. Place is set up very well for them.

If I can get her fixed in two weeks it's GA here I come.

Alan

Well the AHRMA Trial at Barber is history. I don't have the results, would be great if someone could post them. The loop trail was harder than most of the Sections I've ridden this year. I think we lost two before we even got to Section #1. Sections were some of the hardest I've seen in an AHRMA event this year. Not really unfair - just very difficult. I don't think I ever really got my head into it. I either got a clear or a 5, nothing in between. Somehow started one section in 2nd gear (on a Bantam thats a bad thing). In another I just flat forgot where I was going. Coming in after 1st round I'm going up a long steep hill and she pops out of gear - had to do the drop her over and 'stick' a handle bar to keep from sliding back down. With help I got to the top, put her in first and continued - about a mile later there was a strange noise and 1st gear went away. Haven't opened her up yet but I either lost the gear teeth or broke a shaft.

Had a great time at Barber. If you haven't been you owe it to yourself to go. It is by far the nicest place that they have had an event this year. Went with several "Road Racers" , who really had a great time. Place is set up very well for them.

If I can get her fixed in two weeks it's GA here I come.

Alan

Oh dear, time to break out that two-stroke of yours.

Rough trails are not unusual for us in the the PNW. Not only can they be challenging, but there can be quite some distance between sections. Nothing like the 80 mile road trips that they seem to have in the UK, more like a couple miles of "dirt road", if we're lucky.

AHRMA usually doesn't post the results to quickly.

How about some pics?

2 Shock,

Didn't ride last year but I think it was a least partially the same. As you entered the loop trail you had a steep downhill to a bridge then a steep uphill curvey area(lot of loose rocks). At least one rider flipped it going up the hill. One other steep uphill and the rest was fairly easy. I was told the total travel was about 6 miles.

Actually the Bantam was doing the hills quite well until 1st gear went out. As soon as I finish typing this I'm back out to the garage to sort out the Sherpa T a little more. I'm going from 4 Horse power this year to 21 plus next year, yeeeehaw

Alan