Newbe

liamj

Hi there and welcome!

Unless there's more than one North Hants (my geography is useless!) then you are around Aldershot/Guildford/Farnham area? If so then you're in quite a good place!

Two clubs that I know of (and ride with) ride down there. The NHMC (North Hants Motor Club) which is AMCA and, Thames MCC which is ACU.

NHMC events are usually cracking good rides. Lots of people use twinshocks and pre-65's there and thoroughly enjoy it! There are 3-4 routes ranging from Blue being mostly beginner territory with one or two tough sections, through to the hopping and jumping of the good guys (and girls!) No website unfortunatly and I can't remember any numbers either I'm afraid! The next one should be in 3 weeks this Sunday and will be at Bagshot Heath which is MoD land. Brilliant place to start out - rode my 1st ever Trial there! There's usually contact info in TMX news so next weeks or the week after's should have it in. The nicest thing about NHMC is there is absolutely no pressure on riding the sections. As long as you have a decent helmet and stick close to the marked route you can have a bit of practise pretty much wherever as long as you're sensible! I guess the same applies to most clubs though!

Thames are a bit tougher in general than NHMC but still nothing over-silly or dangerous on the easiest route. Again 3-4 routes and the hardest is set out to test Sam Conner and brother(s) so is quite tough! Not many twin shocks there as the sections tend to be laid out for more modern machines, but there is one chap who drags a Majesty over the hardest route hopping about with the best of them!

Its been a while since I rode a Thames event so have no idea when the next one is, but there is a page on the ACU website. Can't remember how to get to it! ;)

I've never found anyone on here who is a regular with either of these two clubs, but if there is anyone out there with more info/corrections would be great to hear from you!

As soon as I've found out the exact dates of the NHMC round will pm or put details on here. It its your 1st time out then will be a good place to go! Lots of good hills banks etc with enough rocks and fallen trees to keep the hoppers happy!

All the best to you and keep the feet up! ;)

Pete.

Edited by Pete

• 3 weeks later...