Indoor Wtc (spanish) 2008 Calendar

cota kid

I know that in the past the indoor WTC has gone to some strange venues or not in the case of Buenos Aires. But Ekaterinburg on 22 Dec 2007 beggars belief. Just in case you didn't know the whereabouts of this place, I'm sure the riders where straight onto Google Earth, but it is in Siberia 1000km east of Moscow, North of Borat's home nation of Kazakstan.

Its going to be cold and difficult to get to. I wonder who's idea this was.

Bytheway who is organising the indoor WTC 2008. Its not Andy's pals at Octagon is it?

For Your Information.

Tsar Nikolai II and his family were murdered there in 1917.

Its a 44 hour train journey from Moscow or 2 hour flight.

Its all part of the conspiracy to site international trials events as far away as possible from its normal fanbase. The outdoor one in South (?) America this year is an another example. I suspect it is to do with FIM 'diplomacy.' It goes something like this, 'We must give the (say) Russians a (any old) World Round - volunteers - no? - well give them trials!'. 'Oh and give the FIM reps 50 Euros a mile to get there.'

On the other hand if there was a 'proper' outdoor world series it would probably have 5 events in Catalonia and 5 in Yorkshire (obviously including The Scott) - that might be more like it.

Sound's like a nice cheap place to put an event on,bet the ticket's won't be that cheap though.

About time the rider's/team's refused to go to these out of the way venue's that have no connection with trial's.

Bilco

cheap, what to ship all the bikes, minders, riders etc to 1000 km past Moscow into Siberia in the middle of Winter. If you were to drive there I would set off, now. I can't imagine it being the best place to air freight the bikes to either.

I have since found out it is Octagon's last year.....

Hip Hip Hurrah!!!!

Bilco

cheap, what to ship all the bikes, minders, riders etc to 1000 km past Moscow into Siberia in the middle of Winter. If you were to drive there I would set off, now. I can't imagine it being the best place to air freight the bikes to either.

I have since found out it is Octagon's last year.....

Hip Hip Hurrah!!!!

I did'nt mean cheap for the team's cota,i meant cheap for the organiser's that are putting the do on.

• 4 weeks later...