Hi From Scotland

scoobystu

Hi there

Just starting to look at trials bikes with a view to doing a few events and generally playing about.

Been riding enduro's for 3 years or so and have always fancied a shot at trials. There are also a lot more events closer to where I live compared to enduro.

Currently in the market for a bike and if anyone has one or a suggestion as to what would be a good beginners bike then let me know.

Cheers for now.

Stu

adult in body - youth in mind. 33 years young

as an aside. I am a member of the Melville motor club which is ACU affiliated. Do I need to join a trials club in order to ride events. Obviously that would be the case for the closed to club ones. Club membership isn't too expensive anyway.

Are the bikes scruntineered before the start and can you buy a license on the day? My current one only covers enduro.

Edited by scoobystu

adult in body - youth in mind. 33 years young

as an aside. I am a member of the Melville motor club which is ACU affiliated. Do I need to join a trials club in order to ride events. Obviously that would be the case for the closed to club ones. Club membership isn't too expensive anyway.

Are the bikes scruntineered before the start and can you buy a license on the day? My current one only covers enduro.

You can ride under the Melville MC Scotland Ltd as it is affiliated to the SACU. It is cheaper (at this moment in time) to buy a trials licence (

Edited by Big John

don't how different you SACU lads do it but doesn't a higher licence back cover you for anything cheaper (or same price)

ie i have a mx licence which covers me for enduros and trials (and grass track if i had ticked the box)

also we do do a scruitnering down here but that just varies across the country, club to club :D

don't how different you SACU lads do it but doesn't a higher licence back cover you for anything cheaper (or same price)

ie i have a mx licence which covers me for enduros and trials (and grass track if i had ticked the box)

also we do do a scruitnering down here but that just varies across the country, club to club :D

A few years ago that system was run in Scotland but for some reason it was abandoned and multiple disciplines required additional licences, the full price is not paid if more than one licence is taken out.

Big john