Tyre Pressure

monk

Yep, I remember as a youth it was always two and a half pounds in the rear with tubed tyres and security bolts done up with a 10 ft long bar :thumbup:

That was all the way up to A class.

I remember starting again 15 years later and trying 4 pounds, and thinking "These tyres must be softer" :D I got a feeling I may have put a few pound on ;)

So with my bulk, I normally run at around 6 or 7 pounds, and pump it up a pound or two during the summer for rocks.

My lad on the other hand, who weighs the same as a Sainsbury's medium roast chicken, normally runs at about 3 pound on the rear.

The only reason I know though is that I've let them down to what looks about right, then shoved a guage on for future reference.

I really don't think about the front too much, maybe I should. I normally run about 6 or 7 pounds, which seems to stop the rim getting bashed, although I try to avoid hitting anything head on if possible, my arms can't take the strain :D

I'm one of those people that changes a rear when it's well rounded, but the front lasts the lifetime of the bike :D I should probably take more notice of the front.

Edited by bikespace

Depends on which tyres you are using and the terrain you ride on.

As a start try 5 p.s.i.front and 4 p.s.i. rearif riding rocks you may want to try 6 front and 5 rear but play around and see whic feels best.

Thanks that gives me somthing to work on !