Scorpa Easy Trial 95 Ish

lostyfeetup

Hi,

I finally have got the chance to start riding again after several years out.

I have a Scorpa easytrial 280 cci sh about 95 ish, it has a black tank, with a yellow and purple colour sceme for the plastics.

I still haven't had the chance to ride it since buying it several years ago.

First outing back then the throttle cable snapped 1m in to the event, a week after fixing this arrived at trial , signed in , started it up and was about to go when I realise the back brake was no longer working. So it got stuck in the shed for 2 years whilst I tried in vain to make time to work on it.

But now I've moved to Cornwall and have a nice garage of my own I want to try once again to get it going properly, only then can I justify purchasing something newer.

Here's a few questions for anybody who could help:

Does anybody have a manual for this model?

Can anybody tell me the best fuel to oil mix for this model?

Anyone know how much gear oil it needs?

My back break just stopped working, no pressure in the foot pedal..

I can't tell how the fluid escaped and have tried to refill it but can't work out how to do it correctly? I am guessing I need to get the reservoir up above the rear unit so gravity helps fill the hose again. I am fairly cluless as u can see but am keen to try to fix it myself. Any advice very welcome....

Thanks Andy

sorry one more thing , anybody know what oil to fuel mix I should use for this model, scorpa 96,

get confused because the other bike i have, a beta, I remember had a much leaner mix at 70 - 1,

Iam sure I was told 50 - 1 before but can this be right as seems too much as some where saying u can run the betas at 90 -1 ..

thanks again andy

Hi, i run a scorpa works 1995 and the gear oil was 600ml. manuals can't find one but Peter Knight of peter knight powersport www.rotax.co.uk and he should be able to help.

Bleeding the brakes i had to do recently and was told to take out rubber gromet thing from brake resivoir and make sure it is full, put lid back on. Get a spanner that fits the brake nipple and undo but just tighten it so fluid can't escape fit some clear hose on to nipple. Now it gets repetative.

1) push down on brake pedal. Dont release pedal.

2) open bleed nipple, you should see fluid with air in it. hold for a couple of seconds then close nipple.

3) release brake pedal.

Repeat until no air is coming out and it is just fluid.

Make sure you check resivoir does not run dry, top up as needed.

Once finished put rubber gromet back. It took me about 15 - 20 mins to do. If in doubt check out sherco forum, top post manuals and find how to do it otherways.

fuel/oil i put 75ml oil to 5l fuel.

Hope this helps. Steve :D

Edited by oke boy

Now that sounds tedious, why not just get a whopping great syringe from the chemist, fill it with brake fluid, stick it on the loosened nipple and blow that sucker backwards, 2 minutes work and the system is flushed and airfree. believe me its 10 times easier and faster than all that fiddly bleeding. And remember, the air bubbles like to go UP!

Remember to drain off the at the top not to get fluid everywhere.

Edited by greggjflower

Now that sounds tedious, why not just get a whopping great syringe from the chemist, fill it with brake fluid, stick it on the loosened nipple and blow that sucker backwards, 2 minutes work and the system is flushed and airfree. believe me its 10 times easier and faster than all that fiddly bleeding. And remember, the air bubbles like to go UP!

Remember to drain off the at the top not to get fluid everywhere.

That is a great idea for when there is lots of air in there or when filling it after having it apart but when i do that with my bikes i also bleed them the day after as the syringe tends to slightly airate the fluid. Another small tip is to let brake fluid sit for 24hrs before using it. If you use it after the bottle has been sloshed about then the fluid has lots of tiny bubbles in it.

Edited by madcr500