Pro Clutch

beta125

Hi All,a friend of mine has a 03GG and we just cant get a clutch on it,we have replaced the slave cylinder,master cylinder,clutch plates.we have bleed it from top to bottom and bottom to topit takes ages to get a lever when you do it is not that good and after a couple of days it goes altogether could it be a porous clutch cover????? any suggestions welcome .

Hi All,a friend of mine has a 03GG and we just cant get a clutch on it,we have replaced the slave cylinder,master cylinder,clutch plates.we have bleed it from top to bottom and bottom to topit takes ages to get a lever when you do it is not that good and after a couple of days it goes altogether could it be a porous clutch cover????? any suggestions welcome .

Interesting. There's not much left to replace. Although simple, the first thing I'd check is the adjustment screw on the lever. Make sure it has a little clearance between it and the plunger (that goes through the rubber boot) that presses in on the piston. Look under the boot to make sure the piston returns back fully to the circlip, as sometimes the piston return spring that pushes back on the piston, inside the master cylinder, can be weak (rare on the newer bikes). If the piston does not come back to the circlip, the bleed hole to the reservoir is not uncovered and the system can't equalize.

If the hose was leaking you would think there would be fluid somewhere. Make sure the fittings are tight and I would imagine you replaced the aluminum crush washers on the fittings when parts were replaced. I kinda doubt it's a porus cover but you might try some compressed air in the servo piston tower and spray a little soapy water around to see if you have any bubbles. You'll want to have the lever pulled in to close off the system and you'll want to clean and re-bleed to make sure you didn't get any water from the compressed air up in the hydraulic hose.

Jon