Cota Help Please

zulu

I am in the process of doing a complete restoration on very original Cota 348 51m - i have the original owners handbook but i have been looking for a workshop or repair manual for the last 3mths - no luck! Could anyone out the in cyberspace please put me out of my misery. Is it possible to use a similar model ? All ineed is the engine rebuild sections.

Cheers Des

When you say owner's manual, do you mean the parts/service manual?

The one I mean starts with drawings of all the special tools and then has specs including all the usual things like oil types and quantities, fastener torques, crank runout and piston clearance then good quality exploded view drawings.

hi - try this link.

http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl...exttclasico.htm

You should find your manual by clicking on no.10 manuales and go through the list.

The english is in babel translation (hence wild level for Montesa Cota) but the exploded diagrams are a help.

If you are looking for manual's etc. on the internet look for images rather than text. All the pages arre saved as jpeg files. For Montesa try manuales which is the Spanish word for manuals.

Spanish sites are the best for spares (and many have an English site) so brush up your Spanish & use a translation service for e-mails. They often don't reply to English.

If you use ebay to look for spares clic on a worldwide search. Much more comes up but be careful of shipping charges. Most of one of my Bultaco's came for Tasmania! the US and Spain partly in exchange for Montesa bits.

Hope this helps

Tim

Edited by bultaco49

Hi, I hope your project is going well. The Montesa Cota is a pretty basic engine, but like all they have their special points. If you need to know anything, let me know and I will try to help. I have rebuilt a number of Montesa engines without any problems. I have never seen a REAL shop manual from Montesa. I have what looks to be a typewrtitten document (incomplete) in Spanish which goes a little deeper into the engine repair than the user manual, but no great help. If you have a doubt, let me know perferably by email. Let me know what the specific problem or question is.

Hi, I hope your project is going well. The Montesa Cota is a pretty basic engine, but like all they have their special points. If you need to know anything, let me know and I will try to help. I have rebuilt a number of Montesa engines without any problems. I have never seen a REAL shop manual from Montesa. I have what looks to be a typewrtitten document (incomplete) in Spanish which goes a little deeper into the engine repair than the user manual, but no great help. If you have a doubt, let me know perferably by email. Let me know what the specific problem or question is.

Roberto - Many thanks for the offer and yes i will email you should i have any major problems. thanks again Des