Which Bike ? For My Lad 9 Yrs Old To Move Up To

mickmc

My 9 year old has just moved up from a GasGas TXT50 to the Beta Rev 80 with no problems even though he is quite small for his age.

The Beta rev 80 seems to be bullet proof to me and certainly seems lighter than the GasGas80 we tried out. Good luck with the change

Everybody i've talked to says beta 80 is best.Sherco isn't a bad bike but takes some setting up(so i've been told).Gas gas has no bottom end at all you have to keep it reving to get it anywhere and as soon as you shut off it doesnt pick back up again.I bought my lad one and we got rid because it was poor hope this helps.

The Beta 80 is the only real option unless the lad is quite big. Mechanically they are bullet proof. Suspension neeeds some mods on pre 2008. The new 08 has many improvements but again the lad needs to be quie big. A 2006 or 07 is a brilliant bike and ideal for any starter in C class as standard with upgrades possible as the rider improves.

Got to be the Beta 80 for my money.

We've had two over the last 3 years, an 05 and then an 07.

Nice and light, suspension fine for the average 5 - 8 stone youth rider, plenty of go from right off the bottom to screaming for mercy at the top and virtualy unbreakable.

Put some decent bars on it and cut them to size. Remove all the bolts from the plastics and replace with cable ties. Locktite a few bolts that like to come loose. Stick an IRC on the back. Fill with petrol and watch him enjoy himself.

Good luck.

Mike.