Keihen Pwk 28 Setup

silsdenrider

Can anybody tell me how they have there Keihen carb set up on there 08 250 rev3?

I havent touched mine since ive got the bike but yesterday was the third time out on the bike and it was pinking badly and kept stalling like it was being starved of fuel.

Im going to take the carb of to see if they is any dirt and give it a good cleen out.

While ive got it apart tho Im going to check to see what jets it has in and I want to check the float hight!

What needle hight are people running theirs on?

Which jets are you using?

What should the float hight be and how do tou check it on a Keihen carb?

How you have your mixture set and wich way do you go to make it richer and leaner?

Sorry about all the questions but i have no experiance with the Keihen carb, Just the fuel spilling Mikuni!!!!

May sound like a stupid thing to say but check your fuel cap is venting properly. We've had two bikes this year experiencing similar problems which turned out to be the cap not venting and so starving the bike of fuel as it causes a vacum.

All you have to do is blow and air line through it to clear it. You should be able to blow through with your mouth afterwards.

when i got mine it was going like something that rhymes with runt, quick call to lampkin and he sent me a drawing of where the float shoud sit and also the jet sizes, now all i can say is thank something that rhymes with duck that i didnt get a gasser this yr

Would you care to share the info? I'm also getting an '08 and would like to know what the suggested setup is.