08 Sy250fr Throttle Cable Woes

drakey

Gday all

Has anybody had any trouble with there throttle cable.

It is very tempremental .Goes like the clappers will pull up anything .But were the cable splits into 2 keeps grabbing .I can feel a mod coming on .Any stories or advice would be appreciated

Thanks Later Drakey

Edited by Drakey

What was your cable / throttle doing??

How much heavier is your throttle with the stronger return spring??

How are you getting on with the bike??

Gday Hoppy

No more blipping for you son ,on a four banger now!Yea the cable was kinked out of the box.and when I fitted the new cable was having trouble setting the idle.When turned to full lock it would accelerate,Scary!In the end zipped tied the junction to the frame .Pulled the juction apart and soldered the ends in ,and added a heavier return spring.The throttle is now sick heavy ,the new spring was all I could get ,but I really like it.

Other than that its one mad machine.The only greif is putting up with the monkeys who try to tell me its not a real trials bike .Hows your rocket ? you still over the moon ?

Later Drakey

Mine has a little rev on a left hand lock, but nothing to bad.

they can take the p***, but they are a very under rated bike.

I did a trial on boxing day on mine and on one section the best you could hope for was a 3 because of the hardcore muddy cambers and my scorpa tickled round it for a clean!!!! i didn't see anyone else clean it on that second lap!

They rev like a beast, grip like it's got glue on the tyres and is easy to ride!! what more do people want???

I expect someone will chirp up about them being heavier than a 2 stroke, but you only notice that if you get the bike stuck somewhere and have to hump it out!!