Robregordo 2008

frenchie

Give " Motorsport Travel " a go, they have a good web site and recently used them and was impressed price wise when compared to calling the ferry companies direct. That particular crossing is reknowned for being expensive, and it will be a two days drive down through France if you use Calais or Boulogne. If you use that route " Speed ferries " is worth a look.

Good luck

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give " Motorsport Travel " a go, they have a good web site and recently used them and was impressed price wise when compared to calling the ferry companies direct. That particular crossing is reknowned for being expensive, and it will be a two days drive down through France if you use Calais or Boulogne. If you use that route " Speed ferries " is worth a look.

Good luck

Do you have the website addresses? I had managed to get it down to around

Thanks Frenchie, that's worth a go, do you have the web address? Going through France isn't really an option. There are three of us, one can't drive at all and another can only drive an automatic - the van is manual. So it's not fair for one poor soul to drive all that way! Worst case is that a couple of us fly down just to spectate but it would be good to ride!

Cheers, Jim

OK - You have all got me hooked - where are the Regs & Entry forms etc ?

Hi John Collins: Actually we are working in Robregordo 2008. You can have a look to our site in www.motoclubsotobike.com to see some details about 2007.

The Regs. you can see them:

http://www.sotobikesport.com/html/reglamento08.html :Sport regs.

http://www.sotobikesport.com/html/reglamento-tecnico08.html : Technical Regs.

Basically bikes need to be: AIR COOLED - TWO SHOCKS - NO DISK BRAKES

As there is no problem with an entry limit we will upload the entry forms and other details in arround a month.

Meanwhile if you are planning to come, I can help you with hotel reservations and any othe detail you need to know. please contact me in greeves@telefonica.net

Edited by Greeves

• 3 months later...

For those interested, entries are open for Robregordo 2008 now. You only have to fill the form and instructions in:

http://www.motoclubsotobike.com/inscripcion/apuntate.php

At the moment there are 14 pilots from the UK visiting us this year. Bernie Schreiber Bultaco 199A and Manuel Soler Bultaco 199B racing green category.

For any help please PM me.

For those interested, entries are open for Robregordo 2008 now. You only have to fill the form and instructions in:

At the moment there are 14 pilots from the UK visiting us this year. Bernie Schreiber Bultaco 199A and Manuel Soler Bultaco 199B racing green category.

Javier i have tried but cant fill the form in.

Help

Hola Javier, I cannot contact you by PM here and I have sent you 2 e-mail already, we need more information for the IBAN money transfer, can ypu please respond.

Hello Lee, Robregordo is the Village around 100KM from Madrid I believe.

Hello Old Trials Fanatic - I have the entry form cranslated and my neightour is Spanish, I can help you fill it in but the first thing you have to do is transfer your entry fee and provide the date of the IBAN transfer on the online entry form.

You can e-mail me at jim@beamishownersclub.com if you need help.

Cheers,

Jim

Jim thanks for the offer but i saw Javier yesterday at the pre65 Scottish and gave him my entry fee. I managed to fill in the form eventually.

You may have a problem contacting him as he has changed his e mail address but i'm sure as soon as he gets back home and checks on here he will drop you a line. :o

See you there.

• 2 weeks later...

All ready for Robregordo 2008, it is raining a lot this days althought for the next week it looks things will improve. The mountains are very green and in the rivers plenty of water, so be prepared for 20 long sections and 25 km. route aech day, some tough parts in the route. 200 entries and some big names as Bernie Schreiber, Manuel Soler, Mick Andrews, Andreu Codina, Miguel Cirera, Alfredo Gomez, Neil Gaunt, Carlos Casas..... and some very special bikes.

The entry list is in the motoclub page: http://www.motoclubsotobike.com/web08/html...inscritos08.pdf

Edited by Greeves

All ready for Robregordo 2008, it is raining a lot this days althought for the next week it looks things will improve. The mountains are very green and in the rivers plenty of water, so be prepared for 20 long sections and 25 km. route aech day, some tough parts in the route. 200 entries and some big names as Bernie Schreiber, Manuel Soler, Mick Andrews, Andreu Codina, Miguel Cirera, Alfredo Gomez, Neil Gaunt, Carlos Casas..... and some very special bikes.

The entry list is in the motoclub page: http://www.motoclubsotobike.com/web08/html...inscritos08.pdf

OK you lot where are you. Next to the Scottish probably the best event in the Trials year.

and I'm entered Yeaaaaaaeee :rotfl::shutup::wall:

Yes!!! Robregordo 2 Days Trial is coming!!!

Scottish riders are lucky, sections looks plenty of water, ideal for you, but there is no blackwaters here.

Now you can see some section photos in www.todotrial.com Clasico

See you in Robregordo!

Horacio San Martin

zona-x2.jpg

Edited by Todotrial

Robregordo 2008 - what can I say.

It was wet sometimes, sometimes it was sunny. My Grandmother could have ridden the Bultaco Sherpa better than I did, but hey I had fun!

At last, I finally met Bernie Schreiber and Manuel Soler, two of my Bultaco heroes of yesteryear, great to meet you guys!

But I also met folks that I hadn't seen since last year and beyond, Andreu Codina; Miguel Cirerra; Paul Rose; Eduardo Gomez De Salazar; Horacio San Martin; Jose Franquera, the list goes on.

Many thanks to the fantastic Sotobike Club and Sotobike Sport that made Robregordo 2008 possible. To my friend Javier Cruz (see you at Alvie!) for looking after me and my riding buddies this year, as the "3 amigos" - Jock McComisky and Bill Emmerson.

Carlos Bosch for the loan of his 350 Bultaco - my old friend from last year.

To the rest of the British contingent including John & Evelyn Collins, good to see you all there. (No I don't want to ride a Greeves, next year)

Last but not least, to my friends Nigel and Jill Greenwood for the fun we had.

My sympathies go to the poor Spanish guy with the dissappearing TLR200, gone but not forgotten, hope you find it when the water levels receed!

Hopefully, see you in Robregordo next year!

Big John

Robregordo 2008 - what can I say.

It was wet sometimes, sometimes it was sunny. My Grandmother could have ridden the Bultaco Sherpa better than I did, but hey I had fun!

At last, I finally met Bernie Schreiber and Manuel Soler, two of my Bultaco heroes of yesteryear, great to meet you guys!

But I also met folks that I hadn't seen since last year and beyond, Andreu Codina; Miguel Cirerra; Paul Rose; Eduardo Gomez De Salazar; Horacio San Martin; Jose Franquera, the list goes on.

Many thanks to the fantastic Sotobike Club and Sotobike Sport that made Robregordo 2008 possible. To my friend Javier Cruz (see you at Alvie!) for looking after me and my riding buddies this year, as the "3 amigos" - Jock McComisky and Bill Emmerson.

Carlos Bosch for the loan of his 350 Bultaco - my old friend from last year.

To the rest of the British contingent including John & Evelyn Collins, good to see you all there. (No I don't want to ride a Greeves, next year)

Last but not least, to my friends Nigel and Jill Greenwood for the fun we had.

My sympathies go to the poor Spanish guy with the dissappearing TLR200, gone but not forgotten, hope you find it when the water levels receed!

Hopefully, see you in Robregordo next year!

Big John

Oi what about me :P

I must second all that BJ has said above a fantastic event made even more special by the friendliness and passion of the people.

Also thanks should go out to all the support of the wives and partners for their support. Above all a very special partner who rarely gets a mention on here, Alexandra the long suffering wife of Javier i've got a radial fin Bultaco in my living room Cruz :D . She always makes me feel so welcome and is the most fantastic hostess so Donna and myself thank you both for the food and hospitality oh yes and that lovely log fire :blink: .

Hope to make it again next year too.

Just wanted to add my comiserations to Jim (Beamish Owners Club) who slipped a disc before even getting his bike out of the van and spent the rest of the weekend flat on his back in bed. When i last spoke to him on my moby halfway across the Bay of Biscay he had been transferred to a second hospital and was hoping to be flown back to the UK on Wednesday. Hope you get up and about again soon mate.

Also whilst we are on about injuries. What a great ride by Magical Mick virtually one handed and still won his class on that beautiful Ossa, gonna get my ruler out when i next go round as i want my MAR to look so good, which to me was the performance of the trial.

Finally great to see Rosey even if it was behind a camera. Wonder how much he needs NOT to publish the photos :crying:

Lets try to get a big Trials Central contingent there next year :P

Edited by Old trials fanatic