Talmag Trial 27 Jan 2008 - Is It On Or Off?

brucey

I planned on going to enjoy the bacon sandwiches at Hungry Hill this year but I'm hearing rumours it's been cancelled.

Can anyone confirm either way before I drive 100 miles to see a load of old coddgers enjoying themselves on bikes that should be in museums!

Bruce.

Edited by brucey

Afraid to say that all I've heard is its off!

The MOD pulled out before Christmas I think - something to do with manouvers or training or something.

Its been the same weekend at the same place for 30 years - surely the MOD would have got the idea by now!

A great shame as some friends of my Dads rode the 1st one 30 years ago and were all getting together to ride this year! One of 'em even built up his old bike from that time!

Heres hoping it will be on later in the year :thumbup:

one might note that the local enduros lads have blagged another huge patch of army land across the road for the team enduro, thus throwing a spanner in the MOD's workings. It really shouldn't be a problem, but the Talmag can't move to any other MOD land (and there's lots of it that local clubs use) because of the need to park about 1,000 vehicles (trust me all us in the local trials scene have tried).