Ty175 Autolube Removal

kimpybugalugs

The best way is to remove the case and take out the unit, then make a blanking plate and gasket to seal the hole. You can however just remove the pump. Remember to block up the tube holes in the rubber grommet where it comes out of the case. Also a good idea to block off the cable inlet port where it goes into the case. If you are using the standard carb get a little vacuum hose block off for the inlet pipe on the carb where the oil used to go. Remove all the pipes container and bracket. Change the throttle cable. Run on about 40:1

Tony

The side cover from a YZ125 will replace the complete right hand side case. This fixes all problems, except that the dipstick no longer can be used as it will foul the clutch.

The attached picture is of the parts I bought from my local Yamaha dealer 30 years ago to remove the Oil pump. The plate is 44mm long with a central round area of 25mm diameter. The 5.5mm holes are at 33mm centers. The black thing is a rubber bung to replace the slot where the hoses use to pass. The hole in the carby I filled with Araldite.

The TY175 workshop manual can be downloaded from my website here.

post-75-1201068873.jpg

If you don't feel like making your own block off plate, I found one for $10.00 with gasket for an Rd 350 at HVC cycles. It worked perfectly on my TY80. I felt much better getting all the "extra" stuff (gear, shaft, etc.) out of the way. You will have to get a couple of shorter screws however as the original pump scews will bottom out before tightening down the block off plate.

http://www.hvccycle.com/yamaha1965to1969.htm

Matthew

Edited by Moment88