Tlr Frame Colour

mick annick

Hi Mick,

The Honda Paint code is R-119 called "Flash Red"

I used a universal paint code RAL2002 I got from this forum, I used this code on my frame below (see how it compares). It is a very orange/red colour but it does match the original plastic colour quite well.

SA400328.jpg

I must admit the 1983 TLR200 I have seems to be a more a red colour (original paint) than the 1983 TLR250 did..............

Did you get some spare paint for touch up's etc, I know if you had another lot mixed up no matter how good the sprayer says he is your never get the exact same colour again.....

Hope this helps in some way

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm always very careful about original colors, it's a nonsense to paint a bike with a color that's "close" to the original. For the honda TLR color it is correct the R119 flash red. I searched it in Max Meyer and Lechler but found it only in Glasurit. Unfortunately I haven't now my 2007 diary in which I noted the Glasurit mix of colors to obtain the R119 (with this you can go to a Glasurit dealer and have the paint) but as soon as I get it I will give you the mix. Glasurit paint is a very hight quality paint but 1kg paint+catalyser+thinner= 100 euro. But it's worth!

• 1 month later...

I've left the frame untouched - I put it up against an original frame and I can't tell the difference so maybe it is right and my memory that's wrong.

Does anyone know if the front plastic sprocket cover is available anywhere, or have a part number so I can try the likes of David Silver?

Thanks

Mick