Best Twinshock?

Guest majestyman340

Guest majestyman340

After attending the Malvern show last week I am pretty sure that the new updated Yamaha Majesty has got to be the best twinshock bike available................but wonder what other people might choose if money no object, and they could afford any twinshock bike?

MM

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was me thinking about buying and building a cub to ride,with 3 twinshock Ty's in the workshop already - and you have to go and mention Mr Mawlems Maj'es. Rub salt in it will you !! The truth is that going to the Malvern show just stirs up all the thoughts as to what you could or should do.Mine all come back to a thought I've had churning around for years - to collect enough bikes of all types to open a trials museum.Ok there are a few around in museums that are more general collections,but not a dedicated trials one.Or there are private collections such as one I was lucky to look around last week.Now people travel so much - even just in Europe surely there would be enough interest to keep one going ?

Being very cynical tho,having looked around the hangers at Wroughton nr Swindon at the overflow exhibits that the science museum has that they dont seem to be able to get on permanent display I guess we dont have a chance.

Guest majestyman340

I have an original Majesty, its very very good, but I am, certain the more modern steering geometry and lighter weight of the modern day chassis would make it even better.................anyone out there have one of the modern frames, and if so how does it compare to the originals?

Not heard of 340 Fantic Lee, but sounds very interesting, and wonder if you could provide some further details please?

Whats the point of comparing a "new updated modern chassis, modded steering geometry" blah blah, with ACTUAL period standard twinshocks?

Other than to show off what a NEW twinshock might be like if manufacturers hadnt stopped the concept 25 years ago....

Personally my bestest Montesa cota 330 is a gem of a bike..

S_M.

Any Bultaco, specially 198 - 199 series if compared with the bikes that shared trials with them (not with later trials bikes). The best competition trials bikes ever in my opinion (although they needed a lot of attention to make them winners).

After them maybe Fantic 240 with a 300 engine (as used in the World Champ.).

Edited by Greeves

Guest majestyman340

Here in the UK going by the results of the national twinshock championships over the last few years, Fantic seems to be the favoured bike..............is there any reason for that I wonder, as to be honest I think the modern day Majesty is a much better machine.

Best..?? the one that suits you the most or you enjoy riding the most - any of them will out perform us riders....

Don't know about one, you could buy three 240 Fantics for the cost of a new Majesty frame.....

You could also buy one for the cost of the Majesty petrol tank that has just sold on ebay - didn't see the final price but was told it was absurdly high - about twice the price of a new fibreglass mini majesty tank. Someone must have wanted it badly.

Guest majestyman340
Possibly something to do with the fact that you can get a competitive Fantic 240 thats certainly as good as a Majesty for the price of a new Majesty frame alone???

Is the Fantic likely to handle anywhere near as good as the modern Majesty though? I just wondered what people would go for if money no problem................to me personally this is a bit of a no brainer after seeing the latest Yamaha's at Malvern!

Modern majesty or 25 year old fantic, no brainier, fantic every time for me,

and with the couple of grand saved can put that towards frame/suspension

mods, and can personalise to my own taste, buying a modern majesty seams

to me like buying, well, just another new bike !