Best Twinshock?

Guest majestyman340

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That explains why when I tried to look at the sale last night through watched items it would not let me see it. I did bid on your ignition but was out bid, I had to bid last night as I am not near a computer at the time it finished or through the day. Never mind. I think you are best to use ebay as a shop window and you don't get stuffed for the fees at the end. I put a Seeley on a couple of weeks ago, second caller next morning sent a deposit that day. Cheers. :mellow:

PS. How much do you want for the tank.

PPS. I know it's not a twinshock but a Pinky in bits fetched

Edited by bo drinker

I have tried to contact the last bidder before the scammers as they also bid on my ignition, but I have had no answer from them as yet. It probably looks a bit dogdy to them. This is the most annoying thing. I had a genuine bidder who probably would have bought it, but now wont touch it with a barge pole because of some idiots who have got nothing better to do. Anyway better get off the soap box as the way my lucks going Ill probably fall off and hurt myself.

Hi

Any of the last of the twinshocks are winners in the right hands. As always it comes down to personnel preference. A new majesty frame still has a motor nearly 30 years old so its hardly a new bike . The Honda' twinshocks that a lot of people lust after won bugger all in their day so it just goes to show.

Im convinced if I got on my sons 200 fantic I would do just as well as on my majesty with all its bells and whistles.

Just cos it shines and costs a lot don t mean it will make you a star.........

Salut....

"in the right hands" Yes Frenchie you hit the nail on the head there. If I was on the shiniest all singing and dancing Majesty or anything else the problem would be it would not be "in the right hands". But I can only try..... :mellow:

I have an original Majesty, its very very good, but I am, certain the more modern steering geometry and lighter weight of the modern day chassis would make it even better.................anyone out there have one of the modern frames, and if so how does it compare to the originals?

I believe the new batch of majesty frames have been built using the original jigs, so steering is unchanged and I dont think the frames are any lighter, I think the idea was to re introduce the original bike, not a super modern version, still well dear.

Steering angle is changed from original as is the footrest position in order to give it a more modern feel, everything else is the same. They are made from lighter tubing than the original.

Guest majestyman340
Steering angle is changed from original as is the footrest position in order to give it a more modern feel, everything else is the same. They are made from lighter tubing than the original.

Any idea how much the angle has been changed, and would it be possible to make this change on a std chassis?

Any idea how much the angle has been changed, and would it be possible to make this change on a std chassis?

I don't know what the angle is, probably as per GasGas. Yes you can change the angle on any bike by various methods, cheapest and most common by cutting the frame behind the headstock, running the bike into a wall to push the front wheel backwards which opens up a V in the slot you have cut in the frame. Do this until the required angle is achieved and weld up the frame.

On a Majesty I really wouldn't bother, it doesn't need its steering altered and you'll get no worthwhile handling improvement at all. Its steering doesn't need to be any quicker. Modern geometry is for modern bikes to help stand it on its nose and spin the back around. Twinshock sections can be ridden around, they're no-stop trials anyway so stopping and hopping the back doesn't come into it.

Guest majestyman340
I don't know what the angle is, probably as per GasGas. Yes you can change the angle on any bike by various methods, cheapest and most common by cutting the frame behind the headstock, running the bike into a wall to push the front wheel backwards which opens up a V in the slot you have cut in the frame. Do this until the required angle is achieved and weld up the frame.

On a Majesty I really wouldn't bother, it doesn't need its steering altered and you'll get no worthwhile handling improvement at all. Its steering doesn't need to be any quicker. Modern geometry is for modern bikes to help stand it on its nose and spin the back around. Twinshock sections can be ridden around, they're no-stop trials anyway so stopping and hopping the back doesn't come into it.

If changing the steering angle on the Majesty chassis isnt worth doing, is there any reason for the new chassis kits having the same angle as Gas Gas? Also what is the reason for fitting mono forks to the Majesty?

My bike doesnt seem bad, but a m8 who has ridden it and whao used to be a works supported rider, seemed to think the handling was very poor........he has also tried a bike with the new chassis that has Gas Gas angles, and said that was just about spot on.

If we are talking about the batch mr mawlem has had produced then read clasic dirt bike issue 5 ,there is a write up in there and it says i quote....the only dimensional differences between the godden and the new whitlock frames is the relocation of the footrests - and thats it ,

i am pretty sure the headstock is unchanged,

changing the head stock making it steeper and lenthening the swing arm makes a great difference but is probley more relivent to the mini majesty

Edited by tilertrialler

Guest majestyman340
If we are talking about the batch mr mawlem has had produced then read clasic dirt bike issue 5 ,there is a write up in there and it says i quote....the only dimensional differences between the godden and the new whitlock frames is the relocation of the footrests - and thats it ,

i am pretty sure the headstock is unchanged,

changing the head stock making it steeper and lenthening the swing arm makes a great difference but is probley more relivent to the mini majesty

I find it surprising that the original geometry hasnt been altered, and would having ridden a couple of twinshock bikes that have been changed. would agree entirely with these mods making a great difference. Dont get Classic Dirt Bike myself, and not very interested to hear what they thought of the test bike....................

the article didnot really test the bike, just really saying how they are reproducing a new batch, with mr whitlock doing the frames. confirm it says they weigh 2.75kg lighter. some good pictures.

about the head stock I think craigs idea was to keep them as original as possible, if your a majesty man worth dipping in your pocket and reading ..great magazine any way.