Insurance For Our Bikes.

jon v8

It has been bothering me for a while that my insurance bloke suggested that I ought to take out a separate policy for my,(and my kids) bikes for fire and theft.Can anyone suggest a company who understand and any idea of cost etc.If this has been done to death before please shout at me,but ins companies seem to load policies at will for odd reasons so I thought a fresh request may be in order.

Cheers Jon.

If its a Beta then theres no way any insurance company will insure you for fire, they wont take the risk!

in all seriousness though, I just registered mine, and insured it as a road bike, good fun to nip to the shops on too.

All the best

Tom

Hear what you say about Beta's - but its not always the case,the two I had were no trouble at all,but for insurance I just need stealing and burning cover as my motor traders policy covers me for road use.It just bothers me that it would be a real pain to save up to replace them all if the worst happened.

Carole Nash do a "Not for road use" policy to cover F&T which can be taken out on a chassis number. Last 2 bikes I registered just to insure but if you don't use them on the road its a pain having to keep updating SORN. I also found out that by having a recognised theft assist (or should that be non-assist?) such as an Oxford chain or Dynotag they give a substancial discount (bought a chain from them for

A word of warning...... I've insured two bikes before, both with Carol Nash. I've suffered two thefts.....grrrr...... Anyhoo..

These are both recorded on the insurance database (one was their off road only policy), and as such have doubled my van insurance renewal this year. Still worthwhile overall, but renewing the van insurance stung a little bit.

Might be worth checking out the bikers home insurance thats advertised in T&MX News. I don't know a thing about it, but might be good if its not part of the motor insurance database.

www.mcebikershome.com

I think its home insurance with a twist.

Well,for the moment I'm happy.I have managed to add 4 bikes and a kids quad to my workshop insurance on my motor traders policy.For a VERY reasonable sum,thing is if,(Really pray it never happens)anyone did break in the bikes would be about the most attractive thing in there to nick alot of the kit is too heavy/awkward to take.

Wouldnt it be alot easier if people were honest !