98 315r Jetting And Porting

popeye

with vast amount of knowledge out there does anyone know how to improve the standard setup, would like to improve low end pick up and make it a bit smoother, any suggestions considered however my riding style is kind of set in stone

Guest majestyman340
with vast amount of knowledge out there does anyone know how to improve the standard setup, would like to improve low end pick up and make it a bit smoother, any suggestions considered however my riding style is kind of set in stone

Had a PWK 28 on mine............seemed to work very well indeed.

Guest majestyman340
thanks for the info, also :thumbup:interested in any modifications to carb or timing to help them run smoother

Keihin PWK is a new carb entirely and no need to modify it at all.................made the 98 I had a lot nicer to ride bottom end, and revved out better top end also.

I heard PWK's make it more revy or pipey, at least that 's what every one was saying abought them a few years ago (that had put them on beta's and scorpas), that the round slide made more bottom end power than the PWK. and the PWK offered more topend punch, I have always thought the flywheel was too light on my '97 315R for my riding style, I'm not aware of any flywheel weight kits but I would be interested in trying one.

I would like more info on the PWK it seemed to work for you Majestyman, did you order it prejeted and from where, what jets are you using?

also has anyone tried the Boysen reeds and did that help or hurt bottom end?

Edited by MotoVintage

Guest majestyman340
I heard PWK's make it more revy or pipey, at least that 's what every one was saying abought them a few years ago (that had put them on beta's and scorpas), that the round slide made more bottom end power than the PWK. and the PWK offered more topend punch, I have always thought the flywheel was too light on my '97 315R for my riding style, I'm not aware of any flywheel weight kits but I would be interested in trying one

I would like more info on the PWK it seemed to work for you Magestyman, did you order it prejeted and from where, what jets are you using, also has anyone tried the Boysen reeds and did that help or hurt bottom end

The PWK on my 98 worked far better than the Dell Orto, and is a simple bolt on job, other than needing to stretch the air hose a little to fit over the larger intake stub on the PWK, my carb was already jetted and came from Allens in the UK. Cost around