New Format Sooner Cup

rshaw

Sooner cup Joint venture Success

We tried something new to trials with a format that was at least thought to be impossible from many.

Texhoma Trials Club and riders from around the nation came together to do something new. We wanted to put on a event that would include the You and Me riders you know the ones that go out every weekend and set sections for next months event so our friends can come and have fun with us.

The ones that if you offered them a job during the weekday paying decent money to clear brush, weed eat, cutting and trimming trees. Would look at you and say are you crazy I am not going to work that hard for money, you cannot pay me enough to do that. But yet on the weekend they come to Rock Creek in Tishomingo Oklahoma and do just that very thing for no money what so ever! They get more enjoyment from going to the woods and setting sections and then riding them dreaming about there next achievement whether it be turning a tight turns or jumping up and balancing on that 2

From a rider and promoter point view... What a great event it must have been. New and different - blended with the tried and proven. Sounds like the perfect mix.

I was not able to attend in 2008 but will try to plan for it with a group from MI for 2009. Keep us posted with dates once they are set.

Great Job for your club and our sport!

Keith

I started to write a big long speel about how good this event was but i couldnt do it justice. Great Event, Great Oklahoma hospitality, This event well worth the gas money.

As usual, the riders and helpers were a delight to be around and they are what makes it work. I thought the staff planning was excellent and their creativity paid off in a very well run event. I love to check and was able to do so on Sunday after getting a bunch of photos of the Saturday morning Amateur riders and the Pros were very impressive. What really impressed me was the tenacity and drive of the younger Pro riders, some riding that class for the first time. We've got a good crop of riders coming up.

Pat Smage is a wonder to behold and the harder the section, the more his talent shines (and, he is a really nice kid). After we goaded him to do "something spectacular" on his last ride through section 8 on Sunday, he treated us to a high-flying "heel clicker" out the end of the section after his way up a huge 20 foot boulder wall, causing many lower jaws to hit the ground.....

Jon

Robert, great event! The only disappointment was my riding abilities. I tried some of the afteernoon sections and holy crap I got some work to do! I was totally blown away by the Pro sections and the pro riders and very proud of Josiah Mizzel. The format was near perfect for spectators, well done!! I'm always looking forward to the next time I can make an event there. See ya,

Neil King