94' Jt16? I Think...

judas

so my boss just gave me his trial bike thats been sitting in his garage for the last five years. unfortunately according to the interweb it doesn't exist, so i cant start rebuilding it. the frame looks just like the 94 jt 250 but the plastics are all yellow with goofy 90's neon writing saying gas gas jt 16. i have tried to research this but cant seem to find a reliable source for the different models. its like this but says fortuna on the swingarm and doesn't have a headlight just a shroud and no tail light as far as i can tell. oh yeah it also has the 93-94 world champ sticker on the tail if that helps. please help

1994JT25.JPG

Edited by judas

There was one for sale here with yellow plastics it was from 95 if i remember correct. I think the JT-25 was the 250 cc model and JT-16 the 125 cc from what i found on some spanish sites.

Edited by EdHolland

If i remember correctly, the 160 gas gas was actually a 146cc or thereabouts?

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me, you could always ring gas gas uk with your frame no. and they will fill you in with the details, that frame on your picture is definately 1994 though.

so my boss just gave me his trial bike thats been sitting in his garage for the last five years. unfortunately according to the interweb it doesn't exist, so i cant start rebuilding it. the frame looks just like the 94 jt 250 but the plastics are all yellow with goofy 90's neon writing saying gas gas jt 16. i have tried to research this but cant seem to find a reliable source for the different models. its like this but says fortuna on the swingarm and doesn't have a headlight just a shroud and no tail light as far as i can tell. oh yeah it also has the 93-94 world champ sticker on the tail if that helps. please help

1994JT25.JPG

Probably the best way to determine year and model is to use the VIN number :

http://www.trialspartsusa.com/diagrams/GAS...IS%20NUMBER.doc

Trialspartsusa also has the GasGas Museum website, very helpful people.

Jon

No, he said the frame was just like the 250 one pictured, that would be 1994, seem to recall the jazzy graphics appeared in that year also.

Judas, post a picture of your bike & i will tell you exactly what it is.

Edited by t-shock 250

I rode the '160' model for Shirty from the end of '94 onwards....

It was 143 cc the brochure gave some silly figure like 143.068cc!!!!

If it says world Champ 93-94 then I expect it is the 95 year model......

The bike on the brochure has a straight swinging arm but I recall that the 95 model had a slightly 'banana' swingarm.

Also in one year.... '95 I think?.. the 160 had the previous year's frame (e.g. '94)! Maybe GG used up the older frames or something, but that may not help the I.d process if you are comparing the frame and thinking its a '94 model (if the plastics are original they would have been a bit cocky claiming '93-'94 world champs in lte '93 or early '94.... so the plastics point to '95 anyway)

This bike was absolutely mega (that is a Shirty Jnr. word I know, but it was a MEGA little tool!) in its day. If you get it running nice and set up well it wll only surprise you with what it can do. No excuses now. It could win senior nationals back then!

It might struggle a little if you are extremely partial to pies though!

Edited by Rosey

• 4 months later...