Bag Of Spanners

scorpion

changed the oil tonight and the magnet on the sump plug is covered with metal filings is this normal?

also whats the best way to check your spokes i've read that they should all sound the same when tapped with a spanner, but they all sound different?

also i've heard mentioned about recommending a slow action throttle, do these come on an 04 rev'3 as standard ?

should I put a grease nipple in the headstock, like on the modification for the techno's ?

regards mick.

Edited by scorpion

I'm not sure if its normal or not but I always find metal filings on the sump plug magnet when I change the gear oil. I suppose its just a gradual wear and tear process.

If you are really worried about the rattling, turn the radio up :)

scorpion

you can tell if your bike has a slow or a fast throtle buy looking at what colour the tube is if it is white it is a fast one if it is black it is a slow throtle

and what is this mod for the techno headstock i have a techno and have trouble with the headstick bearings going rusty all the time do you no what it involves

kinell how did you go on with your fly wheel weight? did you leave it off or put it back on?

I took the weight off, which means the revs pick up much quicker. It's ideal for hitting steps and steep banks with zero run-up. I then put a slow action throttle back on to keep it nice and smooth at the bottom end.

I tend to ride too slow in sections, which often gets me into trouble so I changed the standard 11 tooth front sprocket for a 13 in Scotland. Superb for top end speed on the road but it meant that I lost 1st gear and only had 2nd to 7th :)

Last week I changed to a 12 tooth front, which feels spot on so far.

scorpion

you can tell if your bike has a slow or a fast throtle buy looking at what colour the tube is if it is white it is a fast one if it is black it is a slow throtle

and what is this mod for the techno headstock i have a techno and have trouble with the headstick bearings going rusty all the time do you no what it involves

beta boy

drill a hole in the head stock tube, tap hole insert a grease nipple, put grease gun on nipple and fill with grease ,better change bearings first if to rusty :)

Edited by landrover

Headstock is a tube. Within that is another tube, with your top and bottom yoke attached to it. The bearings hold the two bits apart.

If you drill through the headstock, tap it and put a grease nipple on then fill it up with grease, it's got to go through bearings to get out (if you know what I mean).

scorpion i had flywheel weights on my techno and the just bolted on

and as for the grease nipples i wont bother as i have found out that it is suppost to have orings on to seal the headstock bearing off from watter but some idiot had taken myn out and there was none so i bought some today and i hope that they will stop water getting in

a good engineering shop will point you in the right direction with what you need beta boy, regards mick.

is it a difficult job taking the flywheel weights off kinell ? for us amateurs

Piece of cake, you'll need an 'Impact Driver' though