2007 2map 4rt Tuning

jbsjames

Hi

I have been playing with and looking at various different maps for my 07 2map repsol .

I have made some what I feel great improvements over the std maps the bike came with :rolleyes:

My profession is engine management upgrades so I have no problem understanding what im doing and what im trying to attain , I noticed they seem to run quite rich and the timing curves are very basic , I have the HRC software but find it easier to import to our own tuning tool , as im not governed buy the hrc software (set limits).

So far I have had it hooked up to wideband and detonation-cans and took ft-lb readings and snap response data from our dyno.

So my question is , anyone doing / done anything similar or does anyone have any factory maps or TRW stuff ?

I would be really interested to seeing what they do :barf:

Cheers

James

Edited by JBSJAMES

Hi

I have been playing with and looking at various different maps for my 07 2map repsol .

I have made some what I feel great improvements over the std maps the bike came with :rolleyes:

My profession is engine management upgrades so I have no problem understanding what im doing and what im trying to attain , I noticed they seem to run quite rich and the timing curves are very basic , I have the HRC software but find it easier to import to our own tuning tool , as im not governed buy the hrc software (set limits).

So far I have had it hooked up to wideband and detonation-cans and took ft-lb readings and snap response data from our dyno.

So my question is , anyone doing / done anything similar or does anyone have any factory maps or TRW stuff ?

I would be really interested to seeing what they do :barf:

Cheers

I have been playing with different maps for the last 18 months

And I believe that I have it about right for my riding style (or lack of it)

They are variations of maps written by Michael Healey

I have a stock 2006 model with a twin ptb (without the high torque cam)

Mode 1 is very slow and gentle responses until 2000 - 2500 rpm

Mode 2 is punchy from the off

I would be very interested in the work you currently doing with the test equipment at your disposal

I also would be keen for maps swapping;

The amount of permutations available is mind blowing

cheers

Hey guys find this thread fasinating as to what you can do with the mapping on 4rt's.

As a 4rt 08 owner ridin inter class i find theres more than enough power in a mont. I would leave em alone to be honest, we aint toni bou.

Just open it up more.

Hi

Its not all about power !!! but how it delivers it and how the ft-lb curve looks / feels.

I also think that by being accurate with the timing and fuelling it will avoid things like , premature plug failure and fouling , pinking and easy starting.

Also there are area's in the map I can not only see a problem but also feel it, I have made most of the changes to the top end as personally I like the power to hang on if needed, not drop away real quick ( reflected in my fuelling and timing maps. )

Cheers

James

• 4 weeks later...