Cant Get My Brakes To Lock Up

250scorpa

I had the same problem recently with my 2000 Sherco.

Brakes would work to slow me down but would never lock up.

I rebuilt master cylinder.

bled brakes multiple times.

new brake line

new pads

discovered a small leak where the bleeder threads into the banjo bolt. used a screw with correct threads with teflon tape on threads.

Now works great. not sure which fixed it but would look for a small leak somewhere first.

I recently had the same issue with my 07. Of course start with the basics.. the pads and rotor are clean? no oil? I had a blown fork seal which of course I didn't notice until the oil leaked onto the pads. Thus requiring a very thourogh cleaning of the rotor and new pads.

Next, which I learned from Brad and Mike at RYP, heat up the rotor by ridign aorund with the front brakes on. Of course this requires some common sense as you will have to modulate the lever. When it gets nice and hot, have someone standing by with a bucket of cold water and pour it onto the rotor.

After that, I still had to bleed my brakes to get them strong. The problem with bleeding the newer Scorpa brakes is air gets trapped in the bajo bolts. Just an additional step to clear it up.

good luck.

I had a similarly poor front brake when i got my 97 scorpa 250. I too had a leak but from the bleed nipple threads. Sorted that with plumbers tape. That had let fluid on the pads so i got new pads but the biggest change came from thoroughly bleeding them and changing the fluid.

Note of caution though, Leave your new brake fluid to sit in one place without being disturbed for at least a day before using it (it collects tiny air bubbles when being sloshed about). Then try not to slosh it about when using it to fill the master cylinder. If you dont you may do it and then find it needs bleeding again a few days later. Just my tuppence worth.