Stalling`

drhud

My bike has been stalling too often. Typically when going down hill or nose wheelies. The idle is fine. I'm assuming it may be the float height? I'm thinking it may have bent with the riding and abuse I impose. Sound reasonable?

You know the only problem with working on the Scorpas is getting at the carb, so I'd like any suggestions before digging in.

Thanks

Had a similar problem on my 08 - turned out the tank cap vent hose was nipped by the zip tie on the frame - just enough to cause a partial vacuum -might be worth a try by taking it off for a while - I cut the vent tube down to about 25 mm and fitted a neat anodised vent cap all is now well.

BTW - if you end up taking the carb off, an inline fuel filter is useful addition to keep any crap out in future.

Paul Mac

Edited by paulmac

While riding this weekend, I met a guy with the same bike. He said his bike would do the same thing until he changed the spark plug. He had an extra plug, I changed mine and not one stall yesterday!