Identifying Model Years

mikey_boy

Hi, this is my first post so go easy on me! ;) Basically, I have a txt280 that was given to me by my dad as he doesnt use it anymore. After competing for years in Cycle trials I gave that up and have got into moto. I want to road register the bike but need to know the year, the plastics say 03 but I have a feeling the bike is a bit older than that as it does'nt seem to have the same lines as the 03 ones I have seen on the net.

I have the frame number which i figured should recognise it, but which digit is it?

Cheers

Mike

Welcome Mike,

Mine has 03 world champion plastics but is a 2004 model. Post some pictures and people here will tell you exactly what it is ;) there is a list somewhere on the net that has all numbers and years but i forgot where to find it.

Cheers,

Is it an 'Edition '03' TXT280 then?... don't compare it with the 'Pro' models! Edition ones are dressed up 2001 bikes and they are much better than the early 'Pro' models