Gas Gas Exhaust

jcr

ive noticed on a few gas gas trials bikes (mine one of them) the back tyre rubs a hole in the exhaust is there any way of stopping this ie a diffrent exhaust etc

when i had mine i tryed to physicaly bend it.this worked for a few weeks but it happned again.

The solution was to use a very thick, or two thin washers in where the shocker is attached to the frame and ehaust. this will push it out a few millimeters, just enough to avoid the wheel rubbing.

If you have a hole it really should be replaced, you could possibly get a second hand one from a dealer. I had a hole in my exhaust and it lost so much power, when i got the new part it was like a whole new bike

I would also put a sticker or a vinal plate over the marks for cosmetic reasons and for the reason that a new sticker costs about 5-10 pounds and a new exhaust

it seems like it is designed bad . when you look at the scorpa exhaust they look so much tidier and tucked up out of the way,gas gas just looks like they throwed it on

Together me and my dad have had three and helped do and 07 125 the thing is it has three contact points and if you drop it on the exhausts they can brake changing the angle that the exhaust sit's My dad just welded our's back on at a different angle slightly further away from the wheel.

Hope this has helped