Fell Over And Won't Start

andat

Rode yesterday (well 2 sections), before my SY 250 (2007) failed to start after falling on its (right) side while I was looking at a section. No amount of kicking and bumping :wall: could get it going and because it was bl**din' hot yesterday, I couldn't be ar**d to remove tank etc to establish potential cause, so shoved it back in the van. Before I dive in, any clues as to what's up???

I'd be inclined to go for the basics first, make sure throttle cable didn't get yanked out of fittings, kill switch jammed and stuck, flooded engine causing wet spark plug.

Past that look for the basic things it needs to run. Fuel, air, compression, spark.

My money's on the wet plug which has probably dried out by this point and the thing will just run. Always have a spare plug in the tool box.

Let me know if I win :wall:.

I'd be inclined to go for the basics first, make sure throttle cable didn't get yanked out of fittings, kill switch jammed and stuck, flooded engine causing wet spark plug.

Past that look for the basic things it needs to run. Fuel, air, compression, spark.

My money's on the wet plug which has probably dried out by this point and the thing will just run. Always have a spare plug in the tool box.

Let me know if I win :shutup:.

You win. :wall: Got home after work on Monday, and b**gger me it fired first kick. Plug out and sure enough soggy as a soggy thing. Decided to take carb off to check for debris, but shouldn't have bothered because it was as clean as a whistle.

i have the same problem with mine (as im always falling off) just knock into neutral and pin throttle wide open and kick off a few times but make sure you clear its throat and you will be away. please remember these engines were actually designed for motocross bikes in the early eighties an they arnt used to burbling about so when they get too much fuel they just dont want to know!