315 R Clutch

allout

Hi , having a hard time tracking down a sureflex clutch kit for my 2003 315R , can not get through to havensport as there web is offline and having trouble getting through on the phone from canada. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Did you find your information on the clutch. I have to change mine out as it is grabbing way too hard. I have heard that a honda CRF 250 clutch plates are the same as the 315r's. Dont know but am trying to find out.

Lionel

I must admit the plates I got from Haven worked well for the first 2 months but now they're grabby again.

I've heard the same thing about the CR250 plates being better and was going to ring Sandifords tomorrow to see what they reckon.

Just been speaking to sandifords and the guy there reckoned first to try different oil, I currently use the PJ1 but they recommended trying Castrol SLX 0-30w so I'll give that go. Reckons they've been using it in their 4RT's and they rate it.

Second he suggested roughing up the steel plates in my clutch with a fine emery paper in case they had coating on.

And finally they use the CR250 steel plates at roughly

For the price of the plates I got new steel Apico ones from BVM and the ELF oil. Works a treat so far, will see how it performs over a period of time now.

I only got the steel plates as I replaced the friction plates with the haven trialsport ones only a few months ago and these look in A1 condition.

The only change was it sounds more rattly now with the clutch in, I checked and I had put everything back correctly so I put it down to the thinner oil.

One hiccup was shearing one of the clutch cover bolts - I was using 12Nm which I thought would be ok but obviously not.

Any ideas on the correct torque settings?

Edited by tt5th

I think they are an m6 bolt are they not? If so 10 n/m. They dont need to be tight as the oil is not under pressure, as long as the o ring is in good condition it wont leak.

Both me and my mates 315's have rattly clutches, we both use elf oil. :thumbup:

Sorted! Had to remove the side cover to get to it but all good. And after a bit of research 7Nm or 8Nm is recommended and no leaks so far. I'm such a ham handed monkey I swear, you got it, I'll over tighten it! (or round it off, snap it etc....!!)

I'll ignore the rattling! B)

Fingers crossed that's a working clutch for me....

Edited by tt5th