Sherco 3.2 4t Info

wayne thais

I had three Technical questions for Sherco: Here are the questions with the answers.

1. Head bolt torque - 3 KG (21 ft lbs)

2. Map 1 / Map 2 function - Use Map 1 for dry good traction conditions and use Map 2 for wet poor traction conditions

3. Carburetor air screw setting - 1/2 - 3/4 turn out more or less

It is supposed to rain today so it will be a good day to check the head bolt torque and the valve clearance.

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Wayne,

I have the Sherco 2008 3.2 4T and have a question on your post.

You mentioned that you were going to check the valves and torque the head. Please let me know how you got the valve cover off past the left side lower cross member of the frame to get to the left head bolts. I've tried by removing the motor mount bolts and nudging the motor down, but it won't go far enough to actually remove the cover because of the lower motor mounts and swing arm. I'm able to check the valve clearance, but only able to get the intake and right (not left) exhaust shim out.

Removing the motor seems to be the reluctant choice for setting the valves and torquing the head. I hope you found a easier way.

Cheers,

Robert

Robert,

I started to check the valves and ran into the same problem you are describing, I therefore sent a note to Sherco and this is their response:

1. Drain the coolant out of the system.

2. Loosen the radiator and fan housing and move out of the way.

3. Remove the valve cover.

I have not done it yet but will in the next few days.

Wayne