Forest Trophy Trial

bikespace

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gimme a chance - just got home :D

And I've got to delete myself from them - had a nightmare. More clothing required next year, was a bit chilly observing. I've never run on the spot for so long :P

Results on here soon - thanks to Kirsty from South Shrops for a killer days work on them (and all of our own girls obviously).

So what your saying everytime you look down it always seems bigger :P

An Intermediate riders bike i helped rescue had his bikes front wheel jammed between some rocks standing the bike vertically on its front wheel. I couldn't reach the bikes back wheel from the top of the bank when i lent down to grab it. I'd say the drop was closer to 6 feet.

Provisional results found here. ( PDF Files )

Cheers Atom, and on our website now. Unfortunately no photos from yesterday. Think Jack Parker was staying out of the wild weather. For anybody that hung around for todays fun trial there's some photo's available on our website.

An Intermediate riders bike i helped rescue had his bikes front wheel jammed between some rocks standing the bike vertically on its front wheel. I couldn't reach the bikes back wheel from the top of the bank when i lent down to grab it. I'd say the drop was closer to 6 feet.

See Gizza5 , I was being modest with 5ft - someone else who saw it reckons it was 6ft !

My wife will be happy :P

See Gizza5 , I was being modest with 5ft - someone else who saw it reckons it was 6ft !

My wife will be happy :P

Come on, let us know which section it was. Did we really send the yellow route down a 6 footer :D

You're making me feel almost guilty here :P

Come on, let us know which section it was. Did we really send the yellow route down a 6 footer :D

You're making me feel almost guilty here :P

No, there was 2 options as the yellow gates were wide enough to take the option to drop off with the expert and inter route but most sensible peeps went down to the right which was a progressive step down . I'm trying to think of the section number and post it in a mo.

I think it was section 10

Edited by AtomAnt

Yes, must be section 10, last one in the woods before going back up onto the road to Alan/Anne Sagar's section. The left hand drop was steep but ok if you picked the right line down it but it didn't give you the best line (for yellow) into the next part of the section, so the right hand drop was better option. The observer did mention there had been one or two 'incidents' on it....

The Bulto is reliable enough but the carb is finished and it needs a new one. It won't run clean and was getting worse all day. Good job none of the sections needed big revs. The front forks are tragic and I can't get them to work - may have to throw some Ossa internals into them - so had a good old wrestle with it all day up the rocks streams where it had a mind of its own. Biggest mistake I made was to chrome the exhaust having forgotten to repack it first. There's nothing left in it which also affects the way it runs so it's going to have to be opened up - I could weep at that mistake.

Really enjoyed the ride around, first two loops are my favourite, the first couple of sections in the very last little group on the third loop are good testers for a twinshock. Can't help looking at some of the big sections on the harder routes though - may have to ride a modern contraption next year and have a go at the inters route.

Edited by Woody

The Bulto is reliable enough but the carb is finished and it needs a new one. It won't run clean and was getting worse all day. Good job none of the sections needed big revs. The front forks are tragic and I can't get them to work - may have to throw some Ossa internals into them - so had a good old wrestle with it all day up the rocks streams where it had a mind of its own. Biggest mistake I made was to chrome the exhaust having forgotten to repack it first. There's nothing left in it which also affects the way it runs so it's going to have to be opened up - I could weep at that mistake.

Really enjoyed the ride around, first two loops are my favourite, the first couple of sections in the very last little group on the third loop are good testers for a twinshock. Can't help looking at some of the big sections on the harder routes though - may have to ride a modern contraption next year and have a go at the inters route.

Funny you should say that as I thought the bike didn't sound great - You got it round ok though looking at the scores :P - Sorry to hear about the exhaust ! :D

I agree with you on the choice of sections - the stream type sections are the best and that really difficult one that always takes me for a three. (section 27) :P

It would be good to get those other stream sections that they use for the novogar in there somewhere. Maybe they are not used as there isn't suitable white routes I dont know. But there is some great ones there to have a go at. Be a real test for the twinshocks.

Yes I'd like to have a go at the Novogar round but I'm a bit out of touch on a modern bike now and with a buggered wrist it may be one step too far ability wise. Would love a few more rocky stream sections in next years Forest trial though - can never get enough of them