Forest Trophy Trial

bikespace

We do have to miss out the best parts of the stream in the 2nd loop as there is no way round for whites. Same with the other sections from the Novogar that we miss out - a full loop further over.

To be honest that was the main reason we asked for a Novogar (a few years back now) because we wanted a trial that could actually use most of the streams. Even the Inters struggle on the top part of the stream. The Novogar finishes in the big stream, and it's just a long line of sections which starts down near the fence and stays in the stream all the way back up to the path. Changes every year because of water pressure. We normally end up having to build the odd helper at some parts just to be able to get up, but it's great.

There's another 2 streams further over, and a big stream we've never used because of potential water levels.

Also one which we've thought would be good for a British round, but I'm resisting the work of putting a British on as well :P

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I guessed that the white, and probably yellow route in places too, prohibited sections in other areas. We've had to start puttting a white route in our club trials now and it does compromise what you can do with sections, but it's the only way to cater for all these days due to the wide range in abilities that modern riding presents.

Still a great day out though, without question

I thought the same too about white routes but some of those sections in the Novogar are superb up the streams. I would love to have a go at some of them but overall, probably too hard for a yellow route but still fantastic nonetheless.

Great trial again Gaz. Thanks to all the team who helped you with that. It's the only local trial that gets me back on a bike these days :D Gotta wait another year now :P

p.s. Do something about the weather for the next one please :P

Great trial again Gaz. Thanks to all the team who helped you with that.

Elwyn did 90% of marking out, living up there virtually, for a couple of weeks. I modify Inters and Experts and just spend a couple of days up there and there's a few others with similar input.

Jean with all the paperwork and hassle, and then obviously the helpers on the day.

Just in case I was stealing someone else's credit :P